The Status of XDP...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Status of XDP...

Post by Excalibur007 »

It seems Curt/Nighstalker is starting trouble once again. This time his target is me... so I'll take a moment to clear things up.
NightStalker wrote:it seems that xdp2 is for sale...and with 4x4 evo and other things that shouldnt be in it.a truly warezed release.i would hope that dcemulation would frown on this and either stop it from being posted about until it isnt sold anymore unless for pure at cost of shipping(which is stretching it..) and without games like 4x4 evolution,etc...and that a alternative download..as it has always been is also available.
This is NOT true.
- Sale? XDP is not for "sale" and never has been. XDP is a free download. However, I have taken the browser as far as I can and the next upload I make will be a final release (as far as the core is concerned), but there is a bug currently in it. I have been trying to locate the bug and have been considering uploading a beta for those of you who are browser savvy to look through and help me find. Now, XDP has always been available directly from me, whether a person does not have a PC to download it or they just want the most current version from my hard drive. This was true since the 1st version for download and is still true today. I expect anyone who gets it directly from me to cover my cost. $4 includes shipping anywhere in the US and Canada, the CD and a jewel case. Anyone can see there's no profit there. 50% of the time, I lose money. 25% of the time I break even exactly. 25% of the time I end up with about $0.30 to spare.

- 4x4 Evo included? Not true. I have NEVER made an XDP available with warez. What's on the version from me? A 700 MB CD jam packed with lots of sofdecs. NO games have ever been included in any release. So, where does Curt get this from? I'll cover that later.
Nightstalker wrote:the browser is finished,and should be released.there is no reason other than its sale that it hasnt been already.
NOT true. XDP has a bug that I'm trying to find. Other than that, it's pretty much done.
Nightstalker wrote:i cant release it cause i was never included on having actual files to work with..everything i contributed to xdp1 and 2 had to be done..on the fly.
assuming that what i was sending in would work...while in the meantime
those who contributed ZERO to the work were sent copies of xdp1 before
it came out with gamage,etc...seems the same is/has been done with 2 as well.
This is also a lie. I never sent anyone anything since this XDP project has been underway. YEARS ago, before I was even associating with Curt or anyone else, there was ONE person... count em', ONE... who has been a great friend of mine for many years who I sent a version of a browser I was translating at the time. This is the "people" Curt speaks of. This is also NONE of Curt's business. This person may not have contributed to the "project", but back then there WAS NO "project" because I was not part of any "team". It was my own personal experiments, to which NO ONE had contributed.
Nightstalker wrote:the problem is that XDP/PSD 2 is being sold with a copy/hacked version of 4x4 evo included...as best as Ive been able to DIG out of those that bragged on having it..and that it's being sold for 4 bucks...that isnt at cost...even if it were..the browsers are not like the homebrews that have authors here who would give or not give approval for a non-profit cd...sega nd planetweb are NOT going to give this approval.

And during a chat session last night..and over the last year and a small time just before the release of XDP1.i had found out by digging for info that it to had been released in a secret manner with a copy of 4x4 evo,etc...so do not be surprised when it shows up on a local dc backup site with these items..and possibly others included.

this was not done with the approval of az_bont or anyone else affiliated with the very first custom release by myself,fatheadpi,etc..it was done by the people at psilocybindreams.com.that is why we have not seen a release in download format...cause it is for sale.
Again, this is untrue. XDP/PSD is not and has never been "sold" with ANY games in it. There is no 4x4 Evo included. What Curt speaks of is the ONE person I sent some stuff to a long time ago which had the Trial version of Evo in it along with custom trucks. Back when I first joined up with Az_bont and Fathead P.I. we talked of including some free trial version games with the browser. There was a trial of MSR, 4x4 Evo, and some homebrews that we were thinking of including, but decided it wouldn't be a good idea. The browsers have NEVER been released with those games. I've never "sold", or distributed a browser with any of those games in it.

*** So, why is Curt "AKA Nightstalker" doing this? He got mad that I had never sent him a "free" browser when I was supposedly sending them to these other "imaginary" people. I tried to tell him the other night that I hadn't sent it out to other people except that one friend years ago, but he didn't listen. So, instead of talking things out with me, he came on here and started a big stink to try and get revenge.

Before you believe what Curt says, keep in mind that he's been banned at least once from pretty much every forum he's ever posted on. Just think of all the times he's started fights here at DCEmu. If you want to know more, talk to Soldierblade/Sblade, Karl at the DCBG... or pretty much anyone else. I've tried to be friends with Curt even though he has stolen from me in the past. Yes, I bought a Dreamcast from him a few years ago and he kept the money and never sent the Dreamcast. I have all the records of the transaction including the stub from the money order. I say this to point out that Curt's not saying these things in a vaccuum. There's history here and a pattern of behavior.

Curt likes to take credit for the browsers and he acts like my spokesperson when he starts fights on various boards. He neither speaks for me, nor the XDP browser project. What has Curt contributed? He has sent several javascript tools, (most of which he did not write), of which 98% did not work on the Dreamcast without me rewriting them. He found several java applets that work with PW3.0 to add to add to my site. He has promised several things such as skins which have never materialized. Something always happens, like he supposedly sends them to some email address that I don't have so they end up "lost". Currently, there is nothing in XDP that he has contributed besides javascripts which have been almost entirely rewritten by me.

He frequently states on chat that he'll start a fight to gain publicity, citing how it's worked for him in the past. I object, but he does it anyway. He was NOT a member of the PSD team when I joined up with Fathead P.I. and Az_bont. I've tried to overlook the past and have him around, but it's just not worth the trouble. I have greatly appreciated the javascripts he sent, but the problems he causes are greater than any benefit of a javascript tool.

Final word on XDP...
XDP WILL be available for download as soon as I fix the bug. Shortly thereafter, I will make the Premier version available for download as well (it currently has the same bug as XDP). I also have skins for Dreamkey etc. that will be available. The only thing holding this up is a lack of time.

psilocybindreams.com is itended to be a great hub for Dreamcast browser users. It has VMU saves, midis, javascript games, java applets and more. I even have lite tracks there for 4x4 Evo that can be downloaded on the PC. I've not announced those because I'm doing it primarily for Dreamcast users, but they do not yet work on the DC. I'm trying to fix that and will let everyone know when it happens. I posted a while back at vales.com about it and they have been trying to help.

I hope this clarifies things and I also encourage everyone to take anything that Curt/Nightstalker has to say with a grain of salt.

-Ex
Tis my sig.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

truth is you have sold it with 4x4 evo,you have a evo section on your site that users can connect to via evo thru irc and download maps,etc.

i personally do not care if i am believed here or not.it is dcemulations choice to believe or not.

you sent rich/sblade an illegal copy of xdp1 with 4x4 evo and xdp2 as well.and the madmax fella that was in chat the other night let it slip that he was very much enjoying his xdp with evo.everyone got silent for a sec and then it was never mentioned again.

yes i was pissed i wasnt even able to see what it was i was contributing to all the while everyone not working on anything seemed to have full access.

and yes YOU stated to ME that you didnt care if anyone got xdp2 or not if they were not willing to purchase it after all the work you had put in to it.

as far as being banned from places well.i started the dcbg,left because they didnt want to go the customization route,i did we had it out.i was booted.so what?

as for being banned everywhere ive been..well i am not banned here am i?

never was banned at dreamserv,in fact..i was entrusted with the man's vmu uplaoder source for what is going on 3 years now.

the only places ive been banned are dc.onlineconsoles cause nikon is frankly an asshole.and i told him so.

yes from time to time i will stir the pot to keep things fresh.this is not one of those times.you made the choice to sell xdp2 not me.you control it,not me.I have said all i care to say on it.argue all ya want.that goes for anyone else who cares to keep bringing it up.

by the way..what took you so long to jump in and defend yourself? need time to cook something up eh?

simple truth is,there needs to be some standards set in this community on what can be customized and what cant be..for example..many would consider using dreamon demo disc core files for xdp2 a no no..even if the demo disc was free,it isnt a part of the browsers main files.its something different.

as far as xdp goes,do what you wish.enjoy the profits,playing the games included.
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

I have neither the time nor the energy to deal with your lies and fits of rage so don't expect me to follow you around the net cleaning up your messes. You know perfectly well that what you are saying are a blatent lies. What you did was intentionally malicious and inexcusable. You have deliberately attempted to sabotage this project. Why... Because I didn't send you a browser. How petty. Was it to get "publicity" for your DCTV project? We both know you've done the exact same thing before.
Nightstalker wrote:you sent rich/sblade an illegal copy of xdp1 with 4x4 evo and xdp2 as well.and the madmax fella that was in chat the other night let it slip that he was very much enjoying his xdp with evo.everyone got silent for a sec and then it was never mentioned again.
Not true and Not true. Maddmax knows me FROM playing 4x4 Evo together. He did not get a copy of XDP from me at all. He downloaded the 2nd version from what someone uploaded and posted right here. He DOES NOT have a copy of XDP with Evo in it. I can't say it any plainer than what I've already said. I HAVE NOT DISTRIBUTED XDP WITH EVO.
Nightstalker wrote:by the way..what took you so long to jump in and defend yourself? need time to cook something up eh?
That is a low blow. You know darn well I've been out of town a lot lately due to a family member dying. You know I've not been online at all this week.

Don't even pretend to take the high road here. Your "argue all ya want.that goes for anyone else who cares to keep bringing it up. -Nightstalker " I'm not buying it and keeping in mind your track record, I don't think anyone else will either.

We are DONE. What you are doing now is low and dirty and you are completely without excuse. You've burned me before and I should have learned my lesson, but I tried to overlook it. I hope you take your medication, work out your personal issues, and find stability. Thank you for the talks on chat. Best of wishes to ya.

-Ex
Last edited by Excalibur007 on Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tis my sig.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

That is a low blow. You know darn well I've been out of town a lot lately due to a family member dying. You know I've not been online at all this week.
that is a lie.it was couple of days ago..2 as a matter of fact when we discussed the sale of xdp2.

speaking of petty....nice to use a mans medical issues as ammo.i am very much in control and know exactly what has been discussed in chat.the things i have noticed over the last year or so.it was a slow progression from legal xdp to what you have been selling lately.

personal issues? lol..ok.

dctv has nothing to do with this at all.you know that.the dctv that is being worked on by law and myself is nothing new ex..you know this..in fact you hosted it once before in the old xdp group at yahoo...of which was CLOSED by yahoo.all dctv2 was for here was law was hoping to get a browser for dc-scene and i suggested dctv2,which i was debugging anyway..of which i have re-geared for his site...why would i want to compete with something that is being sold when what im offering is free? makes no sense.but as you state above we can go our seperate ways.have fun on your end and i will on my end.
SoldierBlade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SoldierBlade »

Thats it....I've had enough of this bovine scatinism. Curtis, you're doing nothing but trying to instigate a fight with excalibur to promote your own "vaporware" dctv2 and eleminate the "competition" with blatant lies and speculation.

Folks, you want a character witness to know which one of these guys is more credible? Here ya go... I've known both these guys pretty well for the last few years. Heres the deal...

Curtis has OFTEN started fights with countless people over trivial matters and even more so over hear say and lies. He does this by his own self admission to me last year and even his public admission on here not long afterwards because of his "need for attention". He even went on to claim he was on mood altering prescription drugs to help curb this childish "need for attention". Well Curt, either that was a lie or you just quit that mess and let your psychotic tendancies return with no quarter.

Excalibur on the other hand has consistantly been one of the most honest and generous members of this community I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He has never in the last 2 years I've known him lied to me, nor have I EVER known him to start any sort of drama with ANYONE. The man only gets slightly riled when he has to defend himself or his work because someone like Curtis here takes a dump in his post toasties. Ex has some of the highest moral standards I've ever seen as well. I have never known him to distribute ANYTHING publicly that was of blatant illegal nature. He HAS NOT and VERY LIKELY NEVER WILL publicly distribute ANYTHING illegal such as a WAREZ LADEN XDP. The accusations by Curt that he has are COMPLETELY FALSE and should not be taken seriously. Furthermore, XDP WILL NEVER BE SOLD FOR PROFIT. Those who have asked for XDP and were asked for money (the now infamous $4) were asked for that $4 to cover shipping and handling, which is COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE. It is not unfair to ask for no more than that when your shipping discs in the mail via USPS priority mail which costs $3.85 to the continental 48 states, and at that point all he is asking is a measly $0.15 for handling, and thats COMPLETELY FAIR since the man lives in the sticks and how much does frickin gas cost these days?

Folks, dont buy into Curts flaming attempts.... Without knowing the kind of person he is, it can be easy to do....I fell for his crap a long time ago and now regret it... Excalibur on the other hand is the real deal. Take it from someone who knows them both. Someone who now regrets ever knowing Curtis.
Signatures are lame...
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

go play your 4x4 evo xdp2/xdp1 rich.and if jeffma can send a cd from china to anywhere in the world pretty much 2 bucks..i cant see a reason it would cost 4 to send out xdp.glad to see you guys in chat scheming tonight....been noticeably absent for the last day or two..

edit:glad i re-read this rant.high moral values?nice to know you guys who swap 1000's of illegal roms for illegal browser cd's think so much of moral values.where were these moral values then?where were they when yahoo shut down psdbrowsers group?you slammed that 1 user like you are attempting to do to me now...im a big boy tho..i can take it.that user found out things and reported em to yahoo.and we all know it takes a whole hell of a lot just to get yahoos attention must less shut down a group.maybe that fella can shed some light on a few things.
SoldierBlade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SoldierBlade »

NightStalker wrote:go play your 4x4 evo xdp2/xdp1 rich.and if jeffma can send a cd from china to anywhere in the world pretty much 2 bucks..i cant see a reason it would cost 4 to send out xdp.glad to see you guys in chat scheming tonight....been noticeably absent for the last day or two..
I do not have a xdp2 with 4x4 evo on it. How could I? Its a figment of your vivid imagination Curt....

Jeffma can send a disc to anywhere in the world for $2 because of the state of that country's economy. Curt, you work for UPS, you should know a little about standard and premium postage rates with your own employer and their competition. USPS priority mail is based upon parcel weight, but has a bottom price of $3.85 to the lower 48 states. I know this because I have sent compact discs and other light things via USPS priority mail before from selling things on Ebay. Of course Ex could send it standard first class with USPS, but it would still be nearly the same price. He could just put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it, but we all know what kind of condition the disc would be in upon its arrival using that method. Priority allows for fragile markings and postal insurance. The choice at that point is obvious in order to offer good service to the supporters of the project.
Signatures are lame...
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

as for "last words" in these slam topics..i dont need it.you guys can have it rich/ex im going to watch some tv.im not that concerned one way or the other what is believed here or any other dc site.people are going to form their own opinions anyway.but i know the deal and you guys do as well.whether any of the rest of these people were perview to it all or not.so the floor is all yours.
SoldierBlade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SoldierBlade »

Sonic R got the group deleted simply by contacting yahoo and falsly stating that we were distributing illegal content. Considering XDP contains NO illegal content by your own definitions of illegal content in web browsers, he was lying. Regardless, yahoo will delete a group simply on accusations, so there ya go.

Secondly, what proof do you have that I have EVER sent any cd to someone with even one rom image on it? Here ya go off on a hearsay rant again Curt.... Go take a paxil or something )()( and shut the hell up. You cant win this argument. Btw, for everyone that doesnt know, this Nightstalker guy is the Curtis R that started all the drama here last year. I know most of you are aware of that, but thats to let the rest of you know as well. If you remember what he did then, then I should not have to say anything else about his character.
Signatures are lame...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Sizzle
It's thinking...