Even tho XDP is gone..

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Even tho XDP is gone..

Post by NightStalker »

If the community here will allow me.I and LAW are finishing up a dctv2/dreamcast-scene pw browser with homebrew games that are legal to use and compatible within the free planetweb.

I know it isnt xdp2 but its a start.And of course any and all files and applications used will be submitted for staff approval so we ALL know whats going in before hand.Anything not approved would be removed for compliance.

I happen to respect planetweb and those indivduals who brought us the planetweb browser at sega as well.I wont use planetweb 3 in any compilation nor any games etc that are pay for and non-demo related.

I wont allow anyone I work on a browser with to have these files/applications in any compilation I release.If I am working on an outside compliation and find out that it would be used,I will back out of that work and report it as I have done with XDP/XDP2.

Yes..planetweb has been notified.

If these terms are acceptable to the staff and owners at dcemulation I will continue to offer what I can in terms of browser related help,tools,compilations.If dcemulation would rather be kept out of this I will respect that as well and ask that all posts made about dctv2 be removed and the issue will not be brought up again.I will hold myself to account on what I release here and would ask that you as users and owners keep me to account as well.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

So whats dctv stand for?

Good Luck. I hope the illegal xdp2 gets shut down and we get the files that are needed from it. I am still searching for it.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

Dreamcast Television..a bit of a lazy man's rip-off of webtv...lol....

seeing as I only had webtv for dc one time..and it was before i learned how to get it running properly,and then pissed one night i destroyed my only copy..it has been lost forever..lol.and is damned hard to find.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

I did wanna add that the theme release will have some homebrew titles hopefully approved in general by this community.I will send a list to the closest admin to pass on when we finish so it will be known what is in the release and not.Seems some governing is needed concerning how we create and release browser themes and tools.This seems to be a great start.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Awesome.

There was webtv on DC?
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

yeah it was a japan only thing that microsoft did.i was very lucky to snag a gdrom of it years back.but like i said i screwed it up.and have not been able to obtain it again.if i had known then what i know now..we would be surfing with it versus pw/dp/dk.
SoldierBlade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SoldierBlade »

NightStalker wrote:if i had known then what i know now..we would be surfing with it versus pw/dp/dk.
So it would be wrong to rip off Planetweb by adding PW3 to a compilation, but its ok to rip off Microsoft by doing the same with WebTV DC? WebTV for DC was not free software....
Signatures are lame...
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

the statement was in retrospect..looking back.as in what i would have done then..(if i would have known THEN..)not now.of course it wouldnt be acceptable now.