Turbo Grafx 16

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
soogazzi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Turbo Grafx 16

Post by soogazzi »

Just curious if anyone has tried to emulate the Turbo Grafx 16. Maybe it's already on here but by a different name? Or maybe nobody liked it.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

yeah its called "Hucast" but don't get it because not to start a war here but the thing is barely playable, I was trying to play splatterhouse and I couldn't play it. I under stand the strain of this emu on the author, and i do apoligize for the honesty of how I feel about the emu, I am sure it will be better in the future. I have to say its interesting to see it run on DC thought but I am saving my CD-Rs for Nester SE and possibly Genesis plus and Superfamicast
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I released it because it was faster than the only other TG-16 emulator out there for the Dreamcast and has sound. There were quite a few people who did use DreamEngine and this basically gave them a better emu to use.

If you've used Dreamengine then this is a welcome improvement.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

yes it is quzar, I agree.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Link2k4 wrote:yeah its called "Hucast" but don't get it because not to start a war here but the thing is barely playable, I was trying to play splatterhouse and I couldn't play it. I under stand the strain of this emu on the author, and i do apoligize for the honesty of how I feel about the emu, I am sure it will be better in the future. I have to say its interesting to see it run on DC thought but I am saving my CD-Rs for Nester SE and possibly Genesis plus and Superfamicast
well you'l be waiting a long time holding onto those 10 cent cdrs.
int80h
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by int80h »

Was the source for HuCast ever released? Isn't it based on Hu-Go!, which is licensed under the GPL?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

well, i never posted a link to the source but i would provide it to anyone who requested (as per the licesnse).

frankly, it was REALLY REALLY nasty. I AM going to report Hu-Go (especially now that 2.12 just came out) and just didnt want to encourage anyone to try to do anything with the current sources because of their poor state of affairs.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

Hucast is ok. It plays slightly better than Dream Engine with sound (albeit poor sound), but it is the superior alternative right now for turbo grafx 16. It also plays ISO images, I have Drac X and a few others on the disc with my roms and they play.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

for the record the sound is perfect, but because of the speed it is played in slow motion.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I dled a tg-16 emulator from, I think a rom site, and a rom of Bonk 3, but it could only be viwed in a small window, kept freezing, and was damn near impossible to exit the emulator...

I have seen some companies from the UK sell both a tg-16 emulator and a crap load of tg-16 roms on a single cd, but they usually go for about $30 usd....and that is, imo, too much....has some cool gmaes on it, though...

- EDIT By MetaFox: No linking to commercial Roms. You've been warned.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

i'll say this as nicely as you deserve it:

NO WAREZ!!!