DSP error 1010 then modem doesn't reconnect until I reboot.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DSP error 1010 then modem doesn't reconnect until I reboot.

Post by Link2k4 »

For some odd reason my Modem JUST started doing this, I scanned for viruses I am clean same goes for adware and spyware using spybot and adaware of course :} I am clean. If I access somethings on my PC such as "trilian" or my Cd rom, the modem disconnects and doesn't reconnect until I reboot. I never had this problem here is there anyways to correct this without reinstalling windows, I am using 98 and my modem is a US robotics 56k V90 modem, any help would be extremely grateful.
Kammesennin
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kammesennin »

You know... i'm familiar with that problem... didn't happen from cd-rom, but from trillian it did, and i was running 98 s.e. with a us robotics 56k v90 modem... all that crap.. use trillian and my modem would literally shut off as if it had it's own power switch that trillian kept flipping.. i dunno what exactly happened, but after a while this problem just fixed itself... only happened for about a week. I still couldn't explain what the hell caused it tho, hopefully curt grymala sees this, he seems to be a regular know-it-all... i haven't seen a question he couldn't answer so far. but incase, i'll search around for an answer to this to try to help u.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Kammesennin wrote:hopefully curt grymala sees this, he seems to be a regular know-it-all... i haven't seen a question he couldn't answer so far.
Well, you may have found one.

From the reaction with the CDRom, it sounds almost like you've got a problem with your IRQ numbers, but that wouldn't really explain why Trillian causes the same issue. Windows 98 still had pretty bad handling of resource numbers for devices, so it is possible that your CDRom and your modem are somehow interfering with each other, but I'm not certain how those things would have changed.

Here is what I recommend as a first step:
Take a look in your device manager and make sure you only have one entry for your modem and one entry for your CDRom (I had an external modem at one point that would install properly as a generic56k or whatever, but on my next boot-up, it would try to install again as a winfaxmodem or something like that, and that would stop my modem from working).

Next:
Go into your device manager and remove your CD drive and your modem from your hardware list. Then, re-boot and hope that Windows re-detects both items.

If that doesn't help, maybe kammesennin will find some more info on the web, or maybe BA will be able to offer some advice.

You may also want to head over to Circuit City and take a look at their generic 56K modems. I picked one up from Circuit City for about $15, and it's the best modem I've ever used.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Kammesennin
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kammesennin »

well curt, it seems possible that may be the problem, except one thing, unless he specifically uses Trillian and NOTHING else when he goes online, that doesn't make sense still for Trillian to affect the modem and nothing else. And as far as me searching... man i'm at school for 14 1/2 hours each day this week, i get home check this place out and get my ass to bed... but, maybe tomorrow i'll search around a bit, cuz that is an interesting problem, and he does need help so..