NesterDC and Nester Public Beta 3

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
slasher
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NesterDC and Nester Public Beta 3

Post by slasher »

Is it safe to assume that if the Nester Public Beta 3 will run my ROMS that NesterDC will also run them when I try to load them in my Dreamcast?
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I guess that would be a decent assumption. Just slap your roms onto a CD (remember, they've gotta be in the /games directory) and give 'em a try. Oh yeah...and if you're going to burn the latest daily update, remember to run scramble.bat...even the best of us forget to do that every once in a while :lol:
The Jester
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

ummm no.

Post by The Jester »

I was making a 'small edition' for my nesterDC to fit on a mini CDR, and I was trying a few games on the nester for PC, and a lot of games that work for the DC version don't work for the PC version... at least a hundred of them didn't work on the PC version did on the DC version because of unsupported mappers.

I'd personally like to thank Takayama Fumihiko for all the hard work he's put into NesterDC. It's better than 90% of the NES emulators for PC. Keep up the good work, Takayama.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

ummm no.

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

The Jester wrote: I was making a 'small edition' for my nesterDC to fit on a mini CDR, and I was trying a few games on the nester for PC, and a lot of games that work for the DC version don't work for the PC version... at least a hundred of them didn't work on the PC version did on the DC version because of unsupported mappers.
That's because he has added some Unofficial Nester mappers.
The Jester wrote: I'd personally like to thank Takayama Fumihiko for all the hard work he's put into NesterDC. It's better than 90% of the NES emulators for PC. Keep up the good work, Takayama.
Agreed, NesterDC rocks!
Boogerman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boogerman »

Yeah, it is smooth... I used to fire up a game in FrNES as it looks better on that but now with BiLinar filtering it ain't needed :D
It only takes one tree, to build one thousand matches
It only takes one match, to BURN one thousand trees

GODDAMN That XBox sucks!!!!