controllers wont work

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
aaronk
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

controllers wont work

Post by aaronk »

i just burned nester DC . everything works fine until i load a game, when i do the controlls dont work, i can acces the menues and what not but the buttons for the game wont work i cant get past the title screen on any game. does anybody know why this would occur and how i can fix it?
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

That sounds familiar... are you using a DreamInducer disc?
DCHelp - Emulation Knowledge Base wrote:I had this problem with Nester 7.X as well. In many games, you can't control anything. By accident, I've discovered how to get the controls working about 80% of the time (once you get it to work, it will always work in that session until you turn the Dreamcast off). Anyway, disable sound and save the config file to your VMU. Now go start up a game that didn't work before. Viola! It plays. Exit the game. Now renable sound but don't save to the VMU. Go back and restart your game. Now you will sound and control! Most of the time, the next time you run Nester, it will load with the sound disabled from the config file. Reenable sound as above but don't save the config file. This seemed to work most of the time.

Otherwise, revert back to 6.X.
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by rastaman33 »

or use nesterdc 7.0 :wink:
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

Or wait for scherzo's NesterDC SE
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Actually I was the one that originally wrote that tip, but long ago reverted back to 6.0.