HuCast Preview Release

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Salamander2 »

i think its 50% in my opinion. fm sounds are very very accurate, but there is no percussion. or it exists, but it looks like the voices: very high pitched.
the emulator is frame perfect. the majority of the games are perfect emulated.
street fighter 2 has corrupted graphics, motoroader 2 has corrupted backgrounds...
maybe someone with asm knowledge base, program a low level huc cpu to solve the speed problems. ah! pvr needed!!
:wink:
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
Tr?
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: HuCast Preview Release

Post by Tr? »

quzar wrote:To play CD games you need to also have a matching System card rom that may be named any of the following things: "syscard.pce" or "syscard3.pce"
[/url]
Don't forget the ge.pce system card that allows you to play Games Express/Hackers International CD Based games. Or is there no support for this at this moment?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Salamander2 wrote:ah! pvr needed!!
just because like some other people i dont stress it doesnt mean its there. The rendering system is already as fast as possible.

Also, even when it was using SDL for graphics it was still over 50% speed. Its around 70 or 80. I used a primitive yet telling way to test this relatively accurately (timed a certain fairly long piece of runtime between HuGo on my PC and on the DC, then took into account the 10% overclock the PC version of Hugo has).

As for ge.pce, if the PC version of HuGo supports it, then this most likely does, although I never saw anything in the sources relating to ge.pce(so it might not look in the correct path for it).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

It does. I have been pestering Zeograd to release the newest version of hugo for some time now, its a great alternative to magic engine cause its free. :P
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

HuGo! 2.11 Final (PC) just came out. Downloads here. Sorry if I'm a little off topic :roll:
BaLLZaCH
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by BaLLZaCH »

quzar wrote:it supports roms on a seperate CD so yea, that would probably be the best.
When I try disc swapping it 'locks up' the DC. Ill try again ... :-(

BUT I also am having problems reading ROMs. I can see the menu BUT all it lists is 6 files : UPDATE: When I placed the 8.3 roms in the ROOT:

game1.pce game6.pce
game2.pce
game3.pce
game4.pce
game5.pce

And the "Press A to select or B to refresh cd" disapears. When ANYHTING is pressed, it goes black.

Tried several CDs and made sure to rename my roms to 8.3 - I put them in cd\TG16\roms.pce but no luck either. I just get xxx's or aaa's:

aaa aaa
aaa
aaa
aaa
aaa

Ill keep trying but if there is a KNOWN reason for this then hit me up :wink:

P.S. - I tried two different DC's, used B0's SBI3 and Selfboot Buddy, then burned with Alcohol and the Demo version of Discjuggler4. They all showed only 6 roms (Either AAA's or the games) but none work. Any ideas ?

Peace
BaLLZaCH
Last edited by BaLLZaCH on Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Juan wrote:HuGo! 2.11 Final (PC) just came out. Downloads here. Sorry if I'm a little off topic :roll:
Probabkly helped those that dont venture into my murky lair in non dc emu to see the news I guess
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Everyone interested in emu news should check it... :mrgreen:
Well, back to the topic I had kinda the same problem with disk swapping. Any idea why?
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

It's th preview version and quzar said it was badly hacked together.

I'm sure there's a specific reason, but people havn't found it out yet.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

disc swapping i threw in between the very first horribly messed up release(scrambled incorrectly) and the fixed first release which was like 4 hours later. I tested it and it seemed to work. If you get aaaaaa then that means it hasnt yet read the disc. Sometimes it takes a bit.

When I get a chance I'll start to report HuGo from 2.11, but dont expect anything soon.

Hawq: I posted news in your news thread almost exclusively so that it would show up in my egosearch. You do a great job maintaining that thing, and its basically my main source of news :kiss)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
BaLLZaCH
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by BaLLZaCH »

quzar wrote: If you get aaaaaa then that means it hasnt yet read the disc. Sometimes it takes a bit.

Whats up man ....

Yeah it says: (Even after sitting for 15 minutes)

aaa aaa
aaa
aaa
aaa
aaa

Also when I placed roms in the root, it showed 6 of the first roms (Just like listed above) but never loaded any more. DC doesnt make any noise. Anything pressed locks up the DC.

Im just trying to help with with possible "bugs?" that I am experienceing so maybe helping you in debugging. But yes, I would like for it to work :-) So any known info is greatly appriciated.

Keep up the codin ! I respect it.

Peace
Sinepe Yime Kuss :-p
radiantSILVERGUN
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by radiantSILVERGUN »

i've already read this but when will it support Blazing Lasers and the classic Legendary Axe! :)

thanx