HuCast Preview Release

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

HuCast Preview Release

Post by Quzar »

A really hacked up port of Hugo 2.11 preview to the DC by Quzar.

Controls are as follows:

Start - Sound On/off (this does not affect speed in any way)
A - I
B - II
X - Run
Y - Select

This can read two different kinds of files, *.pce and *.iso (where the iso is an image of the data track of a Super CD game.)

As far as I know, It supports all possible resolutions (not tested).

Roms should be put in the root of the CD with the emulator on it.

To play CD games you need to also have a matching System card rom that may be named any of the following things: "syscard.pce" or "syscard3.pce"

Every game that I have tested runs about the same speed if not faster than in DreamEngine, but has sound.

Download scrambled binary HERE
Last edited by Quzar on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0

Post by law56ker »

wow your churning out the releases, cool good job man! a pc engine emulator sweet :) thanks for your hard work it makes me very happy.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Been thanked: 0

Post by Arqueiro »

nice i will tr it !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:x i have tried to burn but don't work, i have put the roms .pce in the root when start the emu, for 2 seconds i see the menu and afther disappear all :evil: .

I have put too the syscard3.pce but nothing, now i don't burn more nothing first of see good comments 3 cd-rom drop in the WC.
BOOOH :|
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

are you hitting start? start exists the menu. A selects the rom. This is just a preview, it has the menu and such taht i use.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Smiles
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Smiles »

Do the Super CD games have to be converted to ISO's or can you use the original game CD's?
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Nice one, man.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Try re-downloading and re-burning. I believe i used the incorrect scrambling tool before.

it does not support super CD games nor isos of the whole disc, but isos of the first data track are supported. ( i dont know if it supports multiple data track games, but it seems that it would at least support them until it is required to read from the second data track)
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

/me points quzar to 1st_read.bin file checker
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

actually im fairly sure now that its not that, but the fact that it only supports 8.3 standard filenames (iso9660) not joilet or rockridge, which may cause it to crash exactly where people says it is.

also, i took out the many ways that i had to make it intentionlly crash (which is usefull in devving but not for a release =P).

dont expect to see a future release (that is not to do with my sloppy devving menu) in the near future, the source for this is just disgusting, so when i do revisit it it will be a complete report.

also, i forgot to thank two people that helped me out a lot when i was porting it: BlackAura (for different video rendering methods), and Warmtoe (for sound fixes)
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

Just got home and burned it. Looks very promising. This file does work properly Quzar, so no need to do anything else. Sorry I could not do more at the time, had to goto next class. The games that I have tried all work and the emu is as good if not a tad better than Dreamengine already. Good work!
yogiandbooboo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by yogiandbooboo »

It has been along time since i made a disc. That wasnt a SBI, I have one CDr left i tried this once and got a coaster. can someone walk me thru this step by step?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Use SBInducer v4 and put the plain files into the /Inducer/ folder. Fire up SBInducr.exe and click on the icon for the burning app that you're using.

That's all.

Additional links:

http://www.sbiffy.com
http://www.dcevolution.net/dchelp
Insane homebrew collector.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Hey, quzar. What about Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo? Does it have 2 data tracks, 2 and 22. Any idea?
Oda Nobunaga
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Oda Nobunaga »

I just tried Dracula X , its kinda boring without music but it works very well except that 10% of the side is cut off , donno if this is cause im running it on a PAL dreamcast.
"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"
SoldierBlade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SoldierBlade »

Nobunaga, you got DracX to work? I thought Quzar said there isnt any SCD support, and thats certainly an SCD game.
Signatures are lame...
Oda Nobunaga
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Oda Nobunaga »

Yes it works , i ripped just the game itself from cd into a .iso leaving the audiotracks out and burned hucast with it using the Pce scd bios from 1991.

"This can read two different kinds of files, *.pce and *.iso (where the iso is an image of the data track of a Super CD game.) " <--- hence supercd games work but without audio cause you have to rip the game into a iso and then audiotracks are left out
SoldierBlade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SoldierBlade »

Ahh thats cool. I need to get my hands on a system 3.0 card image then. Now if I can just figure out why it wouldnt load soldierblade or street fighter 2 dash, I'll be exstatic. )()(

Edit: Yes, but he said this as well...

"it does not support super CD games nor isos of the whole disc, but isos of the first data track are supported. ( i dont know if it supports multiple data track games, but it seems that it would at least support them until it is required to read from the second data track)"
Signatures are lame...
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

So is this the only release you are going to do Quzar? This is pretty neat, but it would be nice if I could play my actual pce cd games with out having to do the whole iso thing..
baron of badness
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by baron of badness »

I've been coming to dcemulation about as long as it's been up and never ever took the the time to register until today. I've spread the word of this site and it's many great programmers over the years with pride and excitement constantly to the people down here in Texas. But, FINALLY playing Splatterhouse 1 on the DC is just too much for me to say. It runs kick ass without hardly any graphical glitches, sound is great and the speed is good too. I know you won't update the emu for awhile, but you have one guy who won't mind waiting. I wish I knew what to do to get my drawings into the emulators 'cause I'd draw ya'll some kick ass themes, backgrounds and whatever else floats your boat. Anywho, rock on!!
Iron in the soul!!