Question about NesterDC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Shinji_the_Stampede
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question about NesterDC

Post by Shinji_the_Stampede »

I have a question that is probably easy to answer. When I use NesterDC sometimes when I am playing one or both of the buttons just will stop working. I usually have to reset the game which is annoying. I am using 1st party controllers and I have tried more than one controller and this has happened. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and if there is anything that I can do to get my buttons working again without restarting the DC. Thanks
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

Yeah, I noticed that too. Just go into the autofire menu (Right Trigger + A) and turn off the A and the B buttons. That usually fixes it for me. :)
Shinji_the_Stampede
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Shinji_the_Stampede »

thanks for the tip. I'll try that out next time.
Zelchia
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Zelchia »

that doesnt seem to bring up an autofire menu in 5.0, and i dont see one under options. :?:
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

I'm using 5.0 and it brings it up for me. Hold down the right trigger and press A. It brings up a menu where you can press "A" to turn off autofire A and "X" to turn off autofire B. And also "Start" to turn off Fullscreen and "Y" to adjust the screen size and "B" to go back to the game.

It's been like that since he changed all the controls around. A very nice addition indeed.

If you hold down the right trigger and press any of the other buttons (B, X, Y) it will bring up a different menu.
Zelchia
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Zelchia »

:o ah i see, i was doing it in the menu, not in game, duh.. thanks.
joako
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by joako »

i have another question about nesterDC, so i decided to post it in the same topic..

is there any way to selfboot this thing without using bin2boot?? The reason is because I want something else in place of xeal.cjb.net when you load it in discjuggler to burn.. When i try using CDRWIN to burn the data.iso, it never works..
what exactly do you have to edit to change the xeal.cjb.net when you load it in discjuggler?

thanks.
joako
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by joako »

also, what do people use to convert the daily releases of .elf files into 1st_read.bin files?

thanks.
The Jester
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by The Jester »

if you use JimBoot, then I believe the name is nester... as for the elf files, use elf2bin. Both of these can be found in the 'needed tools' section.
joako
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by joako »

i can't find elf2bin in the needed tools section.. anyone have a link??

thanks.
joako
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by joako »

*bump*

somebody's gotta have it.... right?