Please help with new Dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ulala
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Please help with new Dreamcast

Post by ulala »

Hello; I just bought a new Dremcast. It was the 2K1 Sports Pack bundle (I checked that all DC versions work on the dcemulation.org site before I bought it).

The console works just fine...... but when I borrowed a friend's Master System (SMEG) CD it would not work. He let me borrow the SMEG disc and the Utopia boot disc. It was burned with one CD with the plain files download and all the roms on one CD, and the Utopia Boot Disc as the other CD to boot it.

It works fine on his Dreamcast, but not on my Dreamcast. When I put the first (utopia) disc in it says "please insert game CD" and seems to think that it is a music CD no matter what. :evil:

Can someone please help me. I want to play Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine!! :)

Thanks!
Ulala.
Agent 00Zer0
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agent 00Zer0 »

might be a low quality cd...sometimes these don't work with all dcs...check the compatibility list again too...maybe you found a new one...that would suck....
Hatecrime69
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hatecrime69 »

not all dreamcasts can read cd-r's and i (think) the sports pack Dc is one of them, check the cd-r compaibitly page on this site
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I beleive the Sports Pack does work with CD-Rs.
It's thinking...
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

Check the CD-R compatibility page - the model number and manufacture date is what matters, not the packaging. There are Sports Pack DC's that do and Sports Pack DC's that do not work with the CD-R booting procedure.