NEO4ALL ALPHA test status

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NEO4ALL ALPHA test status

Post by Salamander2 »

Curious to see Chui work, ive burned NEO4ALL and tested it,
the result follows;

My dreamcast is a HKT-3020 USA 60hz, and used some originals and backuped versions of the games.

RALLY CHASE(jpn version, both original and copy);
The game starts without CDDA music and no fx in the name select screen, but it runs almost perfectly in middle game
with sound fx. the game sometimes runs full speed or framekip 1.
This one plays very good but no CDDA.

FIGHTERS HISTORY DYNAMITE/KARNOVS REVENGE:
(jpn version, both original and copy);
The game has the same problem with NEOGEOSDL 0.9.3, the emulator start the game, shows the menu selection(game start, demo game, etc), if you select something, the game HANGS. perfect sound fx in this menu.
This game is not working.

STREET HOOPT/DUNK DREAM/STREET SLAM,
(jpn version, both original and copy):
The game has a very strange bug: in the first selection menu(game start, demo game, etc.) if you move up or down, the game plays the NEOGEO AES/MVS bios music!!(max 330 mega). in the game, the fx no exist, but little bleeps could be heared. The CDDA is there, but no sync.
This game is playable with cdda and no frameskip or frameskip 1.

2020 SUPER BASEBALL,
(jpn version, just copy):
The game works perfectly with frameskipping 1 or 2(very playable), the sound effects are perfectly good but NO CDDA. the game has some glitches in certain zoom scenes and homeruns scenes.
One of the best.

SAMURAI SHODOWN 2/SHIN SAMURAI SPIRITS,
(usa version, just copy):
the emulator starts the game, showing the menu selection.
but ir you try to start the game, it will freeze. the demonstrarion battle between haohmaru and genjuro works perfectly with frameskipt 1 with perfect FXbut no CDDA.
In neogeosdl-0.9.3, this game was playable.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 95,
(usa version, both original and copy):
The game goes normal with frameskip 1 or 2 until you select your characters. after that the game freezes.
FX noise in thie selection menu is pure fm, but the sound is not very very good. but passable.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 98,
The emulator tries to run the game, but it freezes in the emulator menu, when finish the first load.
NEOGEOCDSDL plays this game.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 97,
(usa version, JUST copy! THE ORGINAL DOES NOT WORK!! THE SAME FOR KOF 94, the original has checksum and label protection):
The game starts with frameskip 0, the character menu selection has no skips and uses CDDA sound with FX. but FREEZES after you select the order of your team.
Not playable.

NINJA MASTER?S,
Now comes the perfection. This game plays almost perfectly in most part using frameskip 0, with cdda and perfect sound fx. the cdda has no sync and some palette is not acurrate, showing some garbage. The best game for NEO4ALL.

ROBO ARMY, (usa version, just copy):
Another game that runs almost perfectly with fx. no sync in cdda music.

FATAL FURY/GAROU DENSETSU,
The game has some palette glitch in some screens. runs with frameskip 0 with perfect sound fx but no cdda. another winner.

FATAL FURY SPECIAL/GAROU DESNSETSU SPECIAL,
The game runs with frameskip 0 or 1, perfect sound fx(but not so perfect fm sound) and NO CDDA. it has some screen offset and position glitch in the intro. also huge pallete glitch in certain scenarios.

SUPER SIDEKICKS,
(usa version, both original and copy),
The game has no sound fx, no cdda music and its very slow during gameplay. no changes from NEOGEOSDL 093. sometimes it ramdomlly freezes.

SUPER SIDEKICKS 2, THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP,
(usa version, both original and copy):
Man, this game suffers a lot...
When the emulator starts, the menu selection was all glitch, during selection has huge pallete glitch. during demo, has blank spirtes and pallete glitch. its very hard to select your team and input your name, because of the sprites and pallete glitches. during the game, the raster effects not exist, pallete, sprites and collision detection glitches( the ball fall of the screen and the game stops until the game time is over). goal screens has pallete glitch. has sound fx(voices, but no kicks), frameslip1. this game is all messed up.

SUPER SIDEKICKS 3: THE NEXT GLORY,
Almost the same of super sidekicks 2, but has CDDA sound, and full FX sound.

idol mahjong FINAL ROMANCE 2,
(only jpn, both original(release 2) and copy),
The game freezes at "videosystem" logo, but suddenlly, jumps to the middle of the demonstration game without cdda nor fx, then freezes.
Playable in NEOGEOSDL093.

PULSTAR, (brazil version, both original and copy):
The bad part: The menu selection is all but pallete and sprite glitch. the stage selection screen is all pallete glitch, and the game freezes when stage is cleared. The good part. full playable with cdda(no sync) and full fx sound! sometimes, the frame rate goes down and has little pallete glitch. you can play the other stages selecting them at stage seelction screen. take a look in continue screen and try to learn how to handle the pallete glitches. you could play the game normally in neogeosdl093.

GALAXY FIGHT,( jpn version, just copy):
this one has a good number of weird glitches. maybe this game uses the z80 in some calculations... sometimes has cdda...somtimes not. sometimes has fx...sometimes not. This game uses heavy raster effects, not emulated here. the result is huge glitches in scenarios and background effects. when the fight starts, the characters fall down to nowehre. unplayable cause of the weird glitches.

VOLTAGE FIGHTER GOWCAIZER,
this is the number one fanservice game of the japanese neogeocd. Still not working. enters in black screen of death after the emulator load the game.

BASBALL STARS 2,(usa version, both original and copy):
the game has no CDDA, but nice sound fx. no frameskip, but annoying pallete glitch. Playable.

NEODRIFT OUT, NEW TECHNOLOGY,
(jpn version, just copy):
This gane has the same errors with NEOGEOSDL.
has perfect sound fx, no sync CDDA music. the intro is VERY slow, but in the start of the game, is full speed. FREEZES when the car passes the start grid.

VIEWPOINT,(usa version, just copy):
this game was playable in NEOGEOSDL, but here is not playable. it freezes after the emulator load the game.

DOUBLE DRAGON,(jon version, just copy):
The game has no sound effects, but has CDDA.

BREAKERS, (jpn version, just copy):
just the intro works. the game freezes when the characters start to fight. huge pallete glitch. has cdda.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 99,
(jpn version, just copy,):
Freezes after emu load.

REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2, THE NEW COMMERS,
(jpn version, just copy, the original has checksum and label protection):
has fast loads, cdda during character selection, perfect sound fx, but freezes in the "round 1" screen. the demonstation fights works pretty good!. Glitches in some places. sprite glitches in some screens. Not playable.

POWER SPIKES 2, (jpn version, just copy):
The game runs the demo perfectly, with CDDA(no sync) and sound fx. but when started, the sound fx is missing. freezes after the "how to play" finish.

QUEST OF JONG MASTER,(just jpn, just copy):
another perfect. full CDDA(no sync), full FX(perfect), full game(no glitches in the game or gal screens). full playable!!

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 94,
(usa version, ORIGINAL DOES NOT WORK, just copy!,
FREEZE after load.

TOP HUNTER, (jpn version, both original and copy):
No CDDA, sometimes FX. has sprite glitches in background.

NINJA COMMANDO, (jpn version, just copy):
Full FX, No CDDA, framekip 0.

THE LAS BLADE, ( JPN version, original and copy):
this game has side effects: THE NEOGEOSDL version play the game until the second fight with natsume. but sometimes, the game hangs with other characters. and sometimes, the game resets endesslly in the selection menu. the NEO4ALL freezes after laoding. this game has multiple versions.

----------------------

i think thiins could help the players and the coders.

MY PERSONAL VIEW:

Chui, NEO4ALL has a great menu selection, but some options are misseing like memory card manager, screen positioning and filter on/off, you could insert a menu the time gap of the cdda music!. also, im hitting the button L accidentally sometimes. you could use the button layout for menu of NESTER DC! another thing: you button layout has button C and D REVERSED!!! my suggestion of emulator menu is like a real game:
put in the main screen anly 2 options: GAME START, OPTIONS. in the options, you find the region select(jpn/usa/eur), freq(60, 50), frameskip(AUTO, 1,2,3,4,5), the cpus over an under clocks(good idea indeed!), screen positioning, memory card manager, reset neogeo, resume neogeo, sound on/off, reboot dc,m etc.

I will great appreciate if you coders, talk with nebula, winkawaks or mame teams to correct the pallete, sprite, raster effect, layout effects and partial updates in the neogeocd games. since the neogeo carts has the same effects of the neogeocd, they could be knowledge shared.

more test to come. i'm waiting for updates to continue the tests.!
great work.
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

Chui, please, REMOVE THE STRECH of the screen! its very ugly!
the original resolution of the neogeo is perfect, even it has borders in the dreamcast!
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
Drinkcast
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Drinkcast »

What about Metal Slug 5 and SVC Chaos? Man, this disappoints me because (oh, thanks for the news btw) Neo SDL 0.9.3 I personally think has been the best release yet. Neo4All jumped my hopes up. I thought that meant all problems are solved and every game will run 30/30 or even 59/60

:(
Living a better life.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Still the first public appearence of this emu. It's expected to have serious bugs. NeoCD had the luck of beeing further evoluted. If you want stability, just use it.
Next versions of Neo4All sure will be better. But i still wanna see what quzar has on hold for us.
What i wait the most is one of they both where i can play The Last Blade 1. My number one serie is the Real Bout ones, wich i love to play in NeoCD 0.93, even without sound.

BTW, nice report Salamander2. Maybe you and xenon can team up and fill a new compat list with comparissons betwen the two software.

Cheers
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Drinkcast wrote:What about Metal Slug 5 and SVC Chaos? Man, this disappoints me because (oh, thanks for the news btw) Neo SDL 0.9.3 I personally think has been the best release yet. Neo4All jumped my hopes up. I thought that meant all problems are solved and every game will run 30/30 or even 59/60

Darn!
Annoys me the fact people still don't get that NeoGeoCD emulators will run _only_ NeoGeoCD games!!!
Metal Slug 3/4/5
Garou: The Mark of the Wolves, SVC Chaos (glad my dc can't run this crap)
Samurai Shodown 5 / Spirits Zero
Kof2k3
Power Instinct Matrimelee
Rage of the Dragons
And a few others are MVS/AES only titles. MVS = arcade, AES = NeoGeo cartridge console.
Get this for once. The Dreamcast will _never_ run one of those!
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

my attempt is to test all my neogeocd games, but i takes time to.
now, i will wait for the next release or quzar release to post something.
the emulator is very good and just need the tweaks of mame, kawaks, etc.

really like that you enjoyed the test list.
i hope in the future we can post tests of neogeoAES/MVS, super famicom, x68000, msx2+, pc9801NX and sega/mega cd games reports!!!
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

eh o minimo que eu posso fazer pra ajudar. ja que eu nao sei programar nada alem de MSX-BASIC.
:?
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

also, sorry me about the bad typing/poor english.
i'm using the computer without monitor(but a 21' TV) to do everything!
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Well its pretty much just a rush to see if NeoCD or Neo4all get there newer version first. I'm pretty sure they're both gonna be near finshed results.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
xenon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xenon »

Drinkcast wrote:What about Metal Slug 5 and SVC Chaos? Man, this disappoints me because (oh, thanks for the news btw) Neo SDL 0.9.3 I personally think has been the best release yet. Neo4All jumped my hopes up. I thought that meant all problems are solved and every game will run 30/30 or even 59/60

METAL SLUG 5 and SVC CHAOS are not NEOGEO CD games...
MINOPLIS
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MINOPLIS »

KOF games freezing... i guess i'm not gonna burn this emu... gonna wait a little bit more...
PEIDA AGORA... ...PARA N?O PEIDAR NA HORA!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

salamander2, do you know of kof99 works in NeoDC? from ian's old compatability page it seems it does but with graphical errors. I believe that I may know of how to fix them.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

your findings are incredibly helpful! Thank you SO much for taking so much time out of your life to give us your test results! :wink: :wink:

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

updates:

first of all, sorry me about not answering here early.
i have little time to connect internet. i have explained it before.

fatal fury special is fully working. cd sound (not sync) and perfect fx.
it has some garbage in tung fu rue, cheng shin zan scenario. when the game is over and restarted, the controls are "autofired", impossible to play and need to restart the dreamcast. pay attention to the speed of the korean flag in kim?s scenario, its turbo! sometime, when the first round has finished, the motorbike that passes in the background, gain "ultra lightspeed".

the king of fighters 99 become BSOD here. maybe cause my cd has huge scratches. test with backup follows.

yesterday, ive tested the new NEBULA neogeocd support. i think its the best one. *-ALL-* video effects are emulated: super sidekicks 2 raster effects, background, etc. voltage fighter gowcaiser and neo drift out works too. and all these games has PERFECT CD SYNCRO(but if you use a neogeocd in a 48x cdrom drive, all you will see is messed up sprite graphics. to solve this problem, use a backuped ISO IMAGE format of your game.)

please, please, PLEASE, to all coders: talk with the nebula guys or take their source code to improve video and timming neogeocd emulation!!

good luck to you guys!!
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

anyone knows if CHUI posts here? or even if he knows of my report???
sakuragi
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by sakuragi »

A friend said to me that kof99 works on neodc , if you want quzar i will ask him about the emulation problems with it :wink: . Will we have another good surprise than the sfx in the future release of neodc ? :P
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

ive been working so far 32 hours straight on it. The next release should be nice (and just for the record, i have had to take nothing from neo4all).

i dont want to hijack this topic or anything so lets not talk about neodc here.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Mate, take your rest when needed. Sometimes it's fun and feels good to stay up all nite to work on something you enjoy, but then again you just ruin your health if you do it several times. I know what I am talking about :?

But that's good news. I definitly would love to see a new version of NeoDC - I really enjoyed the last release you did. :D

All I'm trying to say is Take your time! We got Dream Inducer for both emus :wink:

@Salamander2: Chui's visiting http://www.DCEmu.co.uk
Insane homebrew collector.
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

Quzar, please, look up for my post and opinios to complete your emulator!!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I'm just contemplating wether or not to release the version i currently have for valentine's day. It gets pretty much fullspeed with sound, but compatability is much lower than the last version of NeoDC (mostly because a lot of games have issues with sound). The compatability is still higher than neo4all, because for example Fighter's History plays, but the samurai showdown games are broken.