yes it is

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Proboi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

yes it is

Post by Proboi »

I ve been looking into the Dreamcast and PS systems, it would be possible but very complicated. :o

The DC system would be able to run the game, but not a full speed.
Tagged by:
Pro Guy
keis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by keis »

hum...

bleem

:)
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Yeah... BLEEM!... runs PSX games on DC at 100% speed and enhanced graphics...(only 3 titles supported, though...)

We KNOW it's possible... because I own it...

Ya mad pie, ye! :wink: lol
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
emperordahc
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

bleemcast

Post by emperordahc »

Yup. bleem rips out the whole BIOS issue and emulates 100% cutcorners. We're gonna miss tha little guy.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Hey maybe someone should do another bleem, and before you say we've been asking for a PS emu for ages i mean, it would still be kool if someone here made an emu like bleem and just sold copies of it to people themselves. Like maybe just people on this site, ask what we want and sell it to us! it dont have to go as big as bleem does at, and imagine the hits for the site!!!
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
AbsoluteXero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AbsoluteXero »

rand should have thrown out the source, or gave it to a trustworthy coder, and then released a shitload of versions only like 10mb in size. throw that, plus a menu, and you could have 70 games per CD
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

AbsoluteXero wrote: rand should have thrown out the source
He would never do that...

By the way, what happened to blur?...
AbsoluteXero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AbsoluteXero »

i didnt mean like the trash, i meant like fish food, for everyone to grab and duplicate
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

IUG wrote:
AbsoluteXero wrote: rand should have thrown out the source
He would never do that...

By the way, what happened to blur?...
Blur? Waht's that? lol Actually I dunno.... He hasn't posted here since he made his "Leave me alone" statement... or at least i don't think so.. let me check
Proboi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

i wish

Post by Proboi »

bleem!cast was a really good emu, I liked it a lot.

everything was emulated really good, I have Tekken 3 and it runs like a pro. Hopefuly one day they'll come back ....
Tagged by:
Pro Guy
zektor
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Yes...

Post by zektor »

I am very happy with my 3 Bleem!cast purchases. I don't care if he never releases the source (with all the work those guys did, I wouldn't expect that)...I'm just happy for what I DO have. Three great PSX games made even better because of them. Thanks guys...rest in piece...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

God save out gracious bleeeeeem......

lol
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

The one thing I've learned in my job is that anything is possible, given enough power and programming. Ergo, "emulating a PlayStation game" is possible on the Dreamcast - we witnessed this with the three Bleem entries. However, "emulating a PlayStation" is still questionable. It's true that Bleem changed their focus from "emulation a PlayStation" to "emulating PlayStation game X" which made the difference on the Dreamcast, it would appear. crt0 himself said that his PSX emulation project might be feasible if someone could pour enough time/resources into it (which he couldn't).

There is no point, however, in belabourug the point in countless "is it possible"/"yes it is"/"no it isn't" posts. PSX emulation isn't something that you can request, it's just something you do. If you think you can write the best PSX emulator for the DC go right ahead, but don't waste everyone's time by lamenting the possibilities.
StraitJack
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by StraitJack »

"belabourug the point" is some awesome engrish d0od! ;P
Jeeba Jabba wrote: Yeah. It is "Laughing out Loud" It was never "Laugh out Loud"
I was on AOL when during the inception of these expressions.
Hong Kong people ?twaaaaa??2002-4-17
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Dreamcast Is Still Alive »

How would I go about making this emulator if the CODERS CABLE IS ILLEGAL?
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

umm, read that one down there... (why do most people delete the second post of a double rather than the first?)...
Last edited by discostu55555 on Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

well as there is no mention of it in the text of any laws and it has yet to be court tested, one cant really say the coders cable is illegal, merely that it is being disputed... hell right now just one shop has had it held up in customs... you can still get it from any number of domestic sources, and even if not...you could write it using a dc emulator as a debugger... or burn a copy after every compile (just use a multisession disc, you can fit hundreds of builds on it), or get a bba...or just not test on real hardware untill youre sure it will run... nothings stopping you...well except the fact that you never had any intention of even thinking about starting to consider working on learing what would have to be known to even attempt this... you were just trying to make some smart ass remark, but anyways, i still stand by my statement...there are plenty of ways without a coders cable and theres nothing stopping you from getting a coders cable still...
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Truth be told, I have nothing but time on my hands (why do you think I still hang around these forums :wink: ), I plan on learning C+ over the next 2 months and eventually make an Atari 2600 emulator. The only stopping me right now is school but besides that I have no problem developing an emulator for the Dreamcast. If I have to waste 1000 CD's to make the perfect emulator I owuldn't really care, I just recall hearing (on this website, front page actually) that the Coders Cable is illegal, also I hear it makes life a lot easier if you have a coders cable, though I really dont mind wasting CD's (since i dont buy them anyway). I didn't even plan on writing such a long response but you pissed me off with that "smart ass" comment. Well I'm done, I hope this clears up any misconceptions of my previously posted message.

P.S. You really should keep comments like that "Smart ass" and "you never had any intention of even thinking about starting to consider working on learing what would have to be known to even attempt this" to yourself being that you don't know me or you don't know what I'm capable of and/or going to do.

------------ Sincerely
--------------DCiSA
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

Dreamcast Is Still Alive wrote: Since I downloaded the scripts everything seems to be fine, by the way I dont need anyones smartass answers...
you should talk...
anyways...fact..you did not intend to work on this
thats all i said, and so "you don't know what I'm capable of and/or going to do." doesnt hold true because i did know you both werent capable and werent going to do this...
and besides... you asked a question, i answered...
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Fact : That comment was a perfect example of reverse psychology.