SMEG ROM cd

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Slamoid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SMEG ROM cd

Post by Slamoid »

Ok, I burned SMEG and downloaded a few ROM's. So, I load it up, stick in the ROM cd, hit "Load Rom", and BOOM! it freezes.

I keep the CD in there and hit "Load ROM", and it works fine. (Of course, I burned the image, so it has no rom's on it anyway.)

I do the above again, and when nothing is listed, I stick in the ROM CD, and if freezes again.

I followed the Tutorial for a ROM CD, except for I have Nero 5, and so I had to manually set it to Mode1, ISO Type 1, and turn off the extra options. It still doesn't work.

Why? Any ideas?
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, than the packet pocket socket has an error to report.
SmitZo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SmitZo »

i think you'd be best using a self booting program to put the emulator and roms on the same CD
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

If its freezing after you swap the disc then chances are it doesn't support disc swapping. Use dcfactory to build your SMEG selfboot cd.

http://dcfactory.cjb.net
-miah
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
-- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Smeg does support disc swapping, so you may be burning the rom disc in a strange format. What software did you use to make the image?

(that said, you do want to use dcfactory or another selfboot kit - roms on the same cd as the emulator is much nicer, and very easy thanks to these kits)