Nesterdc

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
wetwookie
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nesterdc

Post by wetwookie »

Can anyone point me to where i could find nesterdc 6.0 plain files
Hi Everybody
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

For what do you need them? You can get an SBI of Nester 6.0 from http://www.sbiffy.com/

If you want it on a disc by itself, just use the SBI2Boot option in SBInducer v4.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
wetwookie
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

OK

Post by wetwookie »

I heard that nesterdc 6.0 was the best one to use. What do you think?
Hi Everybody
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

at sbiffy.com they have emu files that arnt in sbi format.

the nesterdc files on that site say its .sbi but when i download the file i opened it up i dont see the .sbi file all i see is a folder called inducer and theres a bunch of files in there.. so i figure i put that in the sbi folder in sbi inducer v4 and it doesnt even extract the files like a normal sbi file would.. they really need to fix their site. this isnt the first time i have downloaded files from that site and they havent been in the format that it says its in. I know they are doing this for free and i dont mean to complain but why would they even put files on their site that are different then what they say they are?
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

also does nester dc 6.0 support the game genie files because 7.1 doesnt. what is different with 6.0? it seems to me that the latest version would be the best one ive never even tried 6.0
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Im pretty sure that 6.0 had the ability to play some games that 7.1 broke compatability with.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

impact135 wrote:at sbiffy.com they have emu files that arnt in sbi format.

the nesterdc files on that site say its .sbi but when i download the file i opened it up i dont see the .sbi file all i see is a folder called inducer and theres a bunch of files in there.. so i figure i put that in the sbi folder in sbi inducer v4 and it doesnt even extract the files like a normal sbi file would.. they really need to fix their site. this isnt the first time i have downloaded files from that site and they havent been in the format that it says its in. I know they are doing this for free and i dont mean to complain but why would they even put files on their site that are different then what they say they are?
Um... what exactly did you use to open it up?

SBI files are simply ZIP files with an "SBI" extension instead of a "ZIP" extension. You're not supposed to open anything up. You're simply supposed to download the file and put it in your SBI folder.

Every single file on Sbiffy is an SBI, except for Sbindv4.exe, Update.zip and the two MacDreamTool packages.

Maybe you should read the tutorials a little more closely. :lol:
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

In addition to breaking some games, 7.1 had some control issues when burned onto a disc with other programs (but not as a self boot). I actually discovered a work around by messing with the controls, but it has been long enough to be out of sight out of mind. You can probably find my post by searching the forums though.