What is the proper size for a DC GNUboy Theme Image?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
cube323
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is the proper size for a DC GNUboy Theme Image?

Post by cube323 »

All of the menu images I have downloaded for DC GNUboy have been 320x240. However, it seems like they are too small for my screen.

Can anyone tell me the proper size for a DC GNUboy Theme Image?
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

They are actually 320x240 which is half of the dc's native resolution (640x480). These images are streched to double the length to fit the tv screen, This is mainly done to save memory (smaller images take less space).
cube323
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cube323 »

Thanks for the help. It just seemed strange to me that my images weren't filling the entire screen. It made me think I was doing something wrong.

I make Nester themes all the time, but it's been a while since I made one for DCgnuboy. For some reason, I thought DCgnuboy theme images were a different size, but I must have been thinking about something else.
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

No problem, I would reccommend you still make the themes in 640x480 and just scale it down afterwards, this is the way I do it, its much easier then doing it on a small canvas. Good luck themeing