getting SMEG working..

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
niceguyeddie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

getting SMEG working..

Post by niceguyeddie »

i used the nero image from dcemulation .com, and burned it using the methods shown in the tutorial.
still, it wont work.
im using the very latest demo of nero, using the nero burning ROM tool.
the disc seems to either go straight into audio player, or not load at all.
which has got me thinking that it must be the CD-R`s i am using.
i bought some cheap packard bell CD-R,with 52x speed, 700mb and 80 minutes space.
this is the only thing i can think thats wrong, i had no trouble burning Dreamsnes to disc using discjugglar, it burned straight on and worked first time, as with the rom disc..

so you think that this is probably the problem?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

a few options come to mind:
One would be to grab Nero 5.5 from http://www.oldversion.com and use that. It's a time-limited demo, but should get you up and running with a few things.

Another would be to create a TAO Nero image. The ones available for download are DAO images, which don't work properly with Nero 6. To create a TAO image, you can just download the DiscJuggler image and convert it with cdi2nero. Older versions of cdi2nero have two seperate programs, and the one you want to use is called cdi2tao. AFAIK, newer versions combined all functions into a single program. You should be able to find a download at http://www.dcemulation.org/neededtools.htm

Another way to get up and running would be to use Selfboot Inducer to create your image. You will be able to make DiscJuggler images, Nero DAO or TAO images, or burn with CDRecord from within the SBInducr GUI. This is the method I personally use.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

since disc juggler works fine for you i will suggest that you should make a disc juggler image..

Ok.. first.. download the plain files for SMEG (the latest version) now unzip of course and then put all your roms inside the rom folder or wherever the roms go (i forget exactly)..

anyways.. now put that file with the emu and the roms on the C drive.. now .. all you gotta do is open up selfboot (if you dont have it download the selfboot kit from this site)..

make a disc juggler image and burn away.. make sure to not burn faster then 8x, that could cause problems to burn it too fast. i know you can burn faster but i burn 8x just to be on the safe side.

Theres one way to make the disc..

Another way to make the disc.. now this way i HIGHLY RECOMEND as it is the easiest and you can have more then 1 emulator per disc.. so you can fit smeg and sms plus on 1 disc (both sms and game gear emulators, smeg is good but sms plus can save games). Now.. go to http://www.sbiffy.com.. hit the button for emulators or something like that.. now that your are in the emulator section you will see a lot of files.. so just make sure you download the sbi file for smeg and sms plus .. and make sure you get the latest versions.. now i forgot you need sbi inducer v4 also.. so you can get that on the main sbiffy.com site.. i think its under downloads.. anyways its easy to find.. ok now that you have sbi inducer v4 program unzipped and on your computer and now that you have the sbi files for both smeg and sms plus all you gotta do is put the sbi files in the .... SBI FOLDER.. its very simple.. then just open up sbi inducer.. and then pick single menu (that way you can pick which emu you want from when you start up your disc), now all you gotta do is press the button that looks like a floppy disc.. that will extract your sbi files for you. now all you gotta do is put your roms in the place were it says roms or whatever.. and then once you did that all you gotta do it open up sbiinducer v4 again.. and then you just press the button that looks like the disc juggler logo.. then wait.. it will make an image for you.. then once your done you have a disc juggler image.. if you want nero just use cdi2nero inside the tools folder.

it may look complex but its rather simple and easy thanks to the folks who make all these wonderful tools.. if it wasnt for all these tools i wouldnt even be able to burn these emulators.. well.. not as easy anyways..

anyways.. good luck i hope i was of some help.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Maybe your burner is not supported with Nero, that's the problem my old computer had... :rumpshaker:
--==--
niceguyeddie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by niceguyeddie »

excellent.
thanks, ill give that a try