New homebrew game

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by impetus »

say, that fella ice88 had the exact same avatar as you.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

impetus wrote:say, that fella ice88 had the exact same avatar as you.
You're kidding, right? You do know that ice88 and warmtoe are the same guy, don't you?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

curt_grymala wrote:
impetus wrote:say, that fella ice88 had the exact same avatar as you.
You're kidding, right? You do know that ice88 and warmtoe are the same guy, don't you?
OWNED!!!! nah, the knows
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

This is going to be a classic. I love the idea! All of the details sound great, also. :mrgreen:

I hope that this does not sound like "but, this idea," since this post is first and foremost about my impression that this game will become a classic. Nontheless, I had the following idea while typing the above sentence... it may sound a little strange, but, I think that it would be interesting to have a "2 vs 2" mode, where the screen is shown for a certain duration for one team (for example controller ports A and B), and then, it flips to another version of the same screen for the other team, continuing on in a timed game to see which team will come out in the lead. Both screens will have the same letters arranged and in the queue (as the Puyo in Puyo Puyo), so that there is no unintentional advantage given, but if teams simply copy one another, then the game would draw (or perhaps the copying team would receive less points for continually-copied moves). Alternatively, a VS link option for two DCs and TVs or a special video mode for single-screen four-player with two boards on a widescreen television would both be cool, but, largely annoying to implement, I would imagine.

Everyone is aware of how much I love four-player games, so, please excuse the above paragraph... :oops:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Doesn't sound lika a "but, this idea" idea - not sure it's implementable - but I'll consider it as another way to play the game....

I was thinking of (may have actually mentioned it) having collaborative rounds - where the team as a whole has to get over a certain target - an 'all or nothing' sort of thing thus giving co-operative effect.

Heyho - keep posting your ideas, if I use 'em I'll credit you!
Rev. Layle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rev. Layle »

i'll be grabbing a screamtracker compatible tracker sometime this weekend. i assume you rather have module-music because it easily loopable and have code libraries to handle it fairly easy.

*cracks fingers* - haven't touched a tracker for music making since 1999 ;)
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Rev. Layle wrote:i'll be grabbing a screamtracker compatible tracker sometime this weekend. i assume you rather have module-music because it easily loopable and have code libraries to handle it fairly easy.

*cracks fingers* - haven't touched a tracker for music making since 1999 ;)
There are several reasons why soundtracker mods are better - they use less resource and can be 'paused' easily are the main ones that spring to mind - anyway - BRILLIANT - I can't wait!
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

Warmtoe has kindly released a new version of his excellent Joggle game for the Dreamcast. heres what he said about this release.

<BLOCKQUOTE> Heres a new demo version of Joggle - the primary difference is that this one works on a DC - but there have also been some additions in terms of the game play - most significant is that there is the beginnings of sound in there (no music yet) and now there are 3 stages to play. </BLOCKQUOTE>

Download from here -->http://www.dcemu.co.uk/joggle.shtml
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
Rev. Layle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rev. Layle »

as for music - im having a crap time finding decent instrument samples... i may have to "revert" to making my own :P
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Just gave this game a try. It's nice. These are my favorite types of games, so I will be logging a lot of time with this bad oscar. Nice work Warmtoe, and I look forward to seeing future releases of it.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Rev. Layle wrote:as for music - im having a crap time finding decent instrument samples... i may have to "revert" to making my own :P
Have you had any luck getting instruments yet?
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Any news on GFX & SOUND?

I'm making progress on the gameplay - added a new style of play 'joggword' - kind of like a crossword/wordsearch.

I would like to make some more progress on the look and feel of the game - which needs some of the gfx/sound stuff.
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

BUMP...

Sound? Graphics? Still want to work on this - but am waiting on input...