For Pete's sake help me with this.I can't take this no more!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
village idiot
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

For Pete's sake help me with this.I can't take this no more!

Post by village idiot »

I dont know how to convert this damn avi file to dc divx. I have read previous posts on this forum but no one is clear on how to do this.
This is what I do. I downloaded all required software from dcemu page

1. i start virtualdub open my avi and pre load the setting file that I downloaded.
2. I click on save as .avi and get this really small file like 14mb from original 340mb
3. I try to play this new small file in regular video player but it does not work.

What do I do now? Someone says you have to do second pass or something.

OK how?? DO I load the new small file then change some settings and click on save as avi again???? I need you guys to explain this second step for me STEP BY STEP Pease!

Thanks so much for help.
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

...ignorant... goto http://www.divx-digest.com and learn. read the guide on nandub. learn and dont ask till u got an intellegent question
Its been a while...
village idiot
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by village idiot »

mate, that site is a freakin jungle try finding there info that I need. I'm not lazy Im just a newbe.
Woox
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Woox »

:roll:

Read some of the other posts.
hoyuin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

To the village idiot...

Post by hoyuin »

Well...if it's making a 14 mb file out of a 340 mb file...there's obviously something wrong with this picture. I think you might have the setting on 2-pass (I'll explain in a sec.), it should be easily corrected.

Here's some way to do it
(from what other guys told me when I was shitting bricks over this..)

1. If it's what I think it is..click on Video in the menu bar, then click on compression.

2. When the box opens up, click on DivX codec 4.12 and click on "configure". If you don't have DivX codec, go download it, it's freakin' everywhere!

3. In the area under "General Parameters", look at the mode selected under "Variable Bitrate Mode", if it's set on "2-pass, first pass", change it to "2-pass, second pass".

4. Then, click ok on the boxes, go back to that 14 mb file, and "save as avi" over that same file again. It should actually make a file that your media player would read.

The 2-pass method is one encoding method where you have to encode the damn file twice. Encoding 2-pass first pass the first time, then second pass, the second time. Sounds pretty bothersome huh :evil: , but I did hear that the quality comes out really well. I couldn't tell, so I did it the half-ass way and chose 1-pass, where it only needs one time to encode, and that's it :wink:

Hopefully, that might help ya' a bit....if not, just look at that huge ass sticky post...it'll help some.

G'luck :D
hoyuin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

hehe...

Post by hoyuin »

Actually, Woox told me that method that's displayed above...lol
village idiot
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by village idiot »

Hoyuin, you lost me at 4th step. When you say "go back to that 14 mb file, and "save as avi" over that same file again." Do I load that 14mb file (not the big 340 mb one) and click on save as and overwrite 14 mb file again? Doesn't sound right?!? program doesn't let me do that. So do I load 340mb file then and overwrite 14mb file in the second pass?

Thanks for helping I really appriciate it.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Wait a minute. Go through your first pass as normal, then follow hoyuin's steps. THe file you need to have loaded is the 340 meg one, and just save that file to a new file name. I would suggest saving names like this:

340megfile_pass1.avi
340megfile_pass2.avi

Remember pass 2 will have your video, pass one will be the mlack stream because there is no video data in it. When done, you can delete the pass1 file and if desired the original if you no longer need it nd your new file works.

Must finish Video guide...must fix computer...
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.