Is the new ScummVM DC daily build different from the...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Is the new ScummVM DC daily build different from the...

Post by MethodGit »

previous one?

I mean does it have a new, improved menu, support for compressed audio files, better compatibility, support for decent-coloured icons (not 16-colour, natch) etc?

8-)
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

its a DAILY build, meaning there are one days worth of changes to it. generally you wont notice a difference between them. wait for the official builds if you want major changes.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

I know it's a DAILY build, but I was wondering - since somebody else appears to be coding these builds now - if they had started compiling/coding from scratch and changed bits and bobs in the meantime?

I'm hoping that somebody would have found a way to add MP3/OGG/FLAC support into the DC version as well as a decent game menu that's customisable. :D
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
Has thanked: 0

Post by MetaFox »

The best thing about the daily builds is the on-screen keyboard - this wasn't enabled in the 0.6.x branch.
InternetAddict
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Has thanked: 0

Post by InternetAddict »

In the latest build from http://www.dc-france.com/ Secret of Monkey Island for Sega CD is fully 100% playable, unlike the last versions. The sound effects are even fixed like opening doors and the game crashes are no more :) and it's 100% playable without keyboard which is good.
One day there will be a Sega CD Emulator on the Dreamcast I guarantee you.