Self-booting games not WORKING!!!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
doofnuck
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Self-booting games not WORKING!!!

Post by doofnuck »

I dont know why but for about 3 months every single selfbooting emu I've tried to burn doesnt work. I dont know why I might have some settings wrong though. So if anyone knows the settings I need please tell me.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

LOL, have you looked at your own tutorials to see if you have the settings wrong? What are your current settings?
Stallion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Problems burning most Plain Files and CDI Images...

Post by Stallion »

I'm having the same problems as dudemang. His tutorials work flawlessly for burning NesterDC and DoomDC, but i'm burning a lot of coasters on the other emulators.

I've tried both Plain Files and CDI Images and constantly find myself staring at a spinning chrome deer with some percentage of each emulator loaded. This is quite aggravating as each of you realize.

I am by no means a "novice" as I have had only minimal difficulty in the past, burning many of these same programs. I understand that trial and error is involved, but I am beyond that point.

Might the culprit be one of our Mac Utilities, like the new version of CDIRip?
Are the CDI Images in a DiskJuggler format not friendly to our process?
Am I simply losing my mind?

Also, when dealing with Plain Files, could someone confidently explain the process of using and identifying scrambled IP.BIN and 1stREAD.BIN.
Many times I unzip a game such as BombermanDC or DCFighting Game and find one simple binary file. Do I need to rename this file and/or potentially introduce an IP.BIN when burning?

Thanks in advance, any insight would be appreciated. This forum is the greatest...