Alcohol 120% Hoaxed

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Alcohol 120% Hoaxed

Post by burnerO »

Nevermind, this seems to have been a hoax.

http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=13232
Alcohol software user,

As a member of Alcohol soft support forum we wish to inform you of our new domain name for all your alcohol updates and purchases, please note the new domain name is http://www.alcohol-soft.com

Some of you will have seen the page on the old sales site. please disregard this message it does not come from alcohol soft, or the alcohol soft team we are presently trying to determine if the domain was hacked or if this is just a malicious attempt to harm our software and our company's name, we will keep you informed on our support forum at forum.alcohol-soft.com of any developments.

we can assure you that Alcohol soft is strong and development on new exciting additions to our software are in the pipeline.

We are running a special sales 30 day offer on the new site to promote the new look, where you have the chance to purchase our Alcohol 52% at half the retail price. This offer applies to new and existing customers.

We hope that you find the new look easer to navigate and more user friendly than the previous sales page that was hosted by a company who we have decided not to continue working with.

Remember all purchased users of our software receive free updates and full email support, if you have any questions please contact the support team at support_team@alcohol-soft.com where our team of dedicated staff are waiting to help with your questions.

We oppologise if you have recieved this mail in error and assure you that this is not a spam mail and we will not resend this mail to you or any other mail that is not directly concerning Alcohol Soft.

Note:- it may take a short while for the DNS to resolve please be patient and try again later if you can not access http://www.alcohol-soft.com at this time.

Thank you
Alcohol Soft.
Last edited by burnerO on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

:cry:
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

well, i'm glad i've already got it.

and also... i have to wonder now, exactly how powerful it is... i mean, barring the fact that they shut down just because the people who make nero got upset that alcohol could have its way with their images...

hmmmmmmmmm.
Rev. Layle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rev. Layle »

that's ok, the only alcohol i could get was 195 proof everclear anyways

;)

really though, nice product for what it did, but i was wondering when this would happen.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

What was so powerfull about it? A pal of mine uses it, and it doesn't like my machine.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Rev. Layle wrote:that's ok, the only alcohol i could get was 195 proof everclear anyways

;)

really though, nice product for what it did, but i was wondering when this would happen.
Actually at 120% the proof would be 240. Of course one would have to ask how they made a liquid over 100% anything in first place. :D

But yeah, that sucks. Alcohol 120% could burn just about format thrown at it.
No signature.
Rev. Layle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rev. Layle »

i know.... but i can't get any 240 proof alcohol in any liquor stores here, silly... it is impossible :-P
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

What was so powerfull about it? A pal of mine uses it, and it doesn't like my machine.
Alcohol 120% could burn just about format thrown at it.
It was good for mounting images too, I really liked that. And coupled with the point Toasty said about image formats. Great program
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

oh yeah...that's right, i completely forgot that alcohol 120% is the reason i don't need my warcraft 3 CD anymore (god forbird blizzard slows down patching that game long enough for somebody to make a reliable crack)...

well, that and my new 120 gb hard drive :D
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

ethoscapade wrote:well, i'm glad i've already got it.

and also... i have to wonder now, exactly how powerful it is... i mean, barring the fact that they shut down just because the people who make nero got upset that alcohol could have its way with their images...

hmmmmmmmmm.
i doubt they stopped alcohol because of an arguement with ahead. While Alc was able to read the nrg images, it couldn't create them, so you still needed Nero anyways. Als if actually Ahead told them that having .nrg support was illegal, they would just have taken that out of the program and continued with support for all other images.

I believe they had to stop because of alcohols relation to warez and pirating / copying of games... after all they even promoted alcohol by saying that it was able to bypass all copy protections so far...
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

With Self Boot Inducer, MacDreamTool, sbi format, etc, etc....How important are the disc images anyway (nero, disk juggler) to the DC emu/homebrew scene? Really, all you need is something that can burn multisession discs, and Self boot inducer has cdrecord built into it anyway.
Rev. Layle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rev. Layle »

heck CD record is the only way i can burn such discs with my CD burner - so SBI is my friend!
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

Rev. Layle wrote:heck CD record is the only way i can burn such discs with my CD burner - so SBI is my friend!
:kiss)
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I find it slightly worrying that a company clearly thinks there is a legal issue not with the product itself, but with how it is used that could potentially leave them open to legal action :?

I also assume that anyone who has already purchased Alcohol 120% has just kissed goodbye to upgrades and support too :|
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

That sucks. Alcohol 120% put DiscMangler to shame.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Rev. Layle wrote:heck CD record is the only way i can burn such discs with my CD burner - so SBI is my friend!
I'm right there with you, my friend. Unfortunately, though, there are still a few computers and burners that don't agree with CDRecord.

Now all we need is for DiscJuggler to do something stupid that will screw up the scene, and then we won't have any choice except for CDRecord. Nero doesn't work anymore, Alcohol doesn't exist anymore, and there are a whole lot of people out there that can't use DSSBS to create BIN/CUE files, so DiscJuggler and CDRecord are about our only options left.

Man am I happy I latched onto Selfboot, Selfboot Inducer and CDRecord a long time ago.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

actually, A%120 is not gone. their site is here,

http://www.alcohol-soft.com

too bad my pc hangs when trying to load it. i had to uninstall it. i'll just use cdrecord or nero.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

ethoscapade wrote:oh yeah...that's right, i completely forgot that alcohol 120% is the reason i don't need my warcraft 3 CD anymore (god forbird blizzard slows down patching that game long enough for somebody to make a reliable crack)...
Daemon Tools works wonders for that sort of thing.

Anyway, as long as I can still get the last Nero 5.5 from oldversion.com, I'm happy. I don't know why they went down the path they chose with Nero 6...
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

This sucks. The newest version of Nero is a hulking piece of crap... and DiscJuggler is just annoying.

- Fuzmeister
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I never could get Alcohol to work but my friend said it was great. To bad, this kinda reminds me of Sony and Bleem for some reason.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang: