Why won't Virtualdub let me convert?!? >_<

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Shin NaRaijin
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Why won't Virtualdub let me convert?!? >_<

Post by Shin NaRaijin » Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:18 pm

Whenever I finish and click "Save AVI", it looks as if it's gonna start, then it says "Virtualdub Crashed: Illegal Instruction"

Also, when I press OK to close the error screen, Windows (98) gives me an Illegal Ops saying that Virtualdub caused a protection fault in "DivX.DLL". Yes, I'm smart enough to realize that this is my DivX codec drive, but what could be wrong with it? It plays movies fine.

Can anyone help me with this, or has anyone ELSE had this same problem?

I'll end this post by saying yet again: Damn Windows!
Shin NaRaijin
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

OK....

Post by Shin NaRaijin » Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:51 pm

Ok, I found out it's accually giving me TWO crash screens. One where it says "Illegal Instruction" and the second says "Acces Violation".

NOW can anyone help me? Please?
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Why won't Virtualdub let me convert?!? &gt;_&lt;

Post by kRYPT_ » Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:19 pm

Try un-installing the DivX codecs (all of them), and then install just divx 4.
Shin NaRaijin wrote: Whenever I finish and click "Save AVI", it looks as if it's gonna start, then it says "Virtualdub Crashed: Illegal Instruction"

Also, when I press OK to close the error screen, Windows (98) gives me an Illegal Ops saying that Virtualdub caused a protection fault in "DivX.DLL". Yes, I'm smart enough to realize that this is my DivX codec drive, but what could be wrong with it? It plays movies fine.

Can anyone help me with this, or has anyone ELSE had this same problem?

I'll end this post by saying yet again: Damn Windows!
Shin NaRaijin
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS?!?!

Post by Shin NaRaijin » Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:36 pm

Ok, I uninstalled, then reinstalled my DivX codec. And it STILL gives me the illegal ops.

The last 8 lines of the crash error command are something to do with Kernel.DLL. I know that's bad, but why does it only happen to ME?!

MAN, I wanna convert this stuff so bad.....
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS?!?!

Post by kRYPT_ » Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:57 pm

What version of VirtualDUB are you using?
Maybe a re-install of windows will help?
Shin NaRaijin wrote: Ok, I uninstalled, then reinstalled my DivX codec. And it STILL gives me the illegal ops.

The last 8 lines of the crash error command are something to do with Kernel.DLL. I know that's bad, but why does it only happen to ME?!

MAN, I wanna convert this stuff so bad.....
MrBob
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by MrBob » Sun Feb 17, 2002 9:26 am

Yo. I have this problem too. I have no idea how to fix it, but since I only have 1 divx movie, I gave up pretty quickly. Any ideas anyone? I have the latest VirtualDub, and I had Divx 3.11 until I installed 4.0 over it.
Thanks

MrBob