Neo Geo games possible?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ne0-Ge0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Neo Geo games possible?

Post by Ne0-Ge0 »

HI all,

I'm kinda new here so plz help me out. My question is : is it possible to play Neo geo games like kof2k or something like that w/ the emulators that are out rite now?...or will it even be possible to emulate those game on the DC?...or is there an emulator in developement rite now that will support those games?.......tnx
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

No, but you CAN play smaller NeoGeo ROMS such as Baseball Stars and Windjammers in MAMED... The big ones such as KOF games may never be possible :(
Envy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Envy »

is kof king of fighters?
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

yes :)
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Hey since there was a NEOMAMED topic already up I just thought I would ask which games run the best for it other than the two that you have already mentioned:?: (by the way Windjammers is an awesome game) 8)
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
Mr.TA
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Mr.TA »

is it possible to play Neo geo games like kof2k or something like that w/ the emulators that are out rite now?
Nope...sorry.
or will it even be possible to emulate those game on the DC?
No doubt in my mind!
or is there an emulator in developement rite now that will support those games?
err umm,stay tuned!
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

or is there an emulator in developement rite now that will support those games?
err umm,stay tuned!
[/quote]

In another post Mr. TA said he was involved in the DC Dev scene before there was one, so I am assuming he is a programmer or something.

Does this mean he is making a new emulator for us to play KOF games and such :D

SOMEBODY TELL ME!!
XantiaX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by XantiaX »

no offence but screw kof i wanna kno when i'll be able to emulate the ng version of Metal Slug :D
..::XantiaX::.. aka Chim-Chim Cootiesniffer
metaphaze
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by metaphaze »

someone said you cant play KOF2K or any large games. This is incorrect I have 138 neogeo roms and I can play 99.9% of them on Neo Rage. Search google for it.
Ne0-Ge0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ne0-Ge0 »

I didn't mean playing kof2k on the pc ...i meant on the DC..
I think it is highly possible that it can be emulated but maybe just not rite now. Consider the power of the DC, it would be funny if the DC can't run larger neo geo games. If anyone knows any information about this, plz post.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

I doubt it will happen... for a start it would have to load into the DCs RAM...

The reason the PC can get away with it is because of Virtual memory on the Hard Drive...

Justin: They all run about the same speed... fiddle around with MAMEDs options and it gets up to about 70% speed
Faith Alone
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Faith Alone »

No you will not (and never be) able to play Neo Geo Roms on the dreamcast. Just go out and buy the cartridge (its only 2 or 3 hundred ~_~) or hell play KoF Dream Match or Evolution (ugh ~_~ ).

>>no offence but screw kof i wanna kno when i'll be able to emulate the ng version of Metal Slug :D

your a moron. buy the saturn or psx version if you wanna play it...cheap ass. Or play the neo geo pocket colour rom with Neo Pocott.

>>Does this mean he is making a new emulator for us to play KOF games and such

I doubt it. your a moron also

>>it would be funny if the DC can't run larger neo geo games.

No it wouldn't. Think of the DC's specs

I hope the dc never runs the larger neo geo roms. why? because then you'll be complaining about speed >_<
honestly, i couldn't care less about you or anyone else
-Misanthropic Faith
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

What was the post of that post?

He was ASKING that is the whole point of these forums.I understand u wanted to get across the point but i could have went about it a LOT nicer.
its only 2 or 3 hundred
News for you dude, Many people dont have this money spare.We dont just emulate on the dreamcast to save money, we do it for many reasons, there was a thread about this not so long ago.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Faith Alone
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Faith Alone »

[quote="perry2175"]
What was the post of that post?

>>He was ASKING that is the whole point of these forums.I understand u wanted to get across the point but i could have went about it a LOT nicer.

I have, quite a few times over the past year and some odd months that i have been here. Also your first sentence makes no sense

>>What was the post of that post?
/me suspects that you've been eating too much paste over the few days

>>News for you dude, Many people dont have this money spare.We dont just emulate on the dreamcast to save money, we do it for many reasons, there was a thread about this not so long ago.

Then get a job, earn it. if it ever did come to dc it would be a shi<i></i>itty ass port. Too slow to actually be playable. if you want to play the kof games then either buy them (saturn,psx,dc, mvs) or emulate them on your pc
-Misanthropic Faith
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Sounds to me like ur the one tryin 2 save money. U only want games that are playable and FREE. The reason for this site is not free games it is to see what the DC is capable of. What we can run on it and what we cant.I personally am impressed with an attempt, u seem to be one of those people who flame an emu that isnt at full speed or has no sound.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

and another thing, i am only 15 i cant get a job that wil make me 100 or 200 easily.
Faith Alone
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Faith Alone »

>>Sounds to me like ur the one tryin 2 save money. U only want games that are playable and FREE.

I have money, im not worried about playing games.

>>The reason for this site is not free games it is to see what the DC is capable of.

Funny you should say that. DC emulations metta tags are/were DC Warez....

>>I personally am impressed with an attempt, u seem to be one of those people who flame an emu that isnt at full speed or has no sound.

Umm...no sorry that isn't me. i still primarly use gleam. you have never see and never will see me flame anywhere on these boards or on other boards about the speed of emus. I understand what it takes, and personally im quite contempt with a slow speed. the vast majority of games i do play on the emulators (yup all 7 games -_-;) i own the original cartidge and all my systems are hooked up so it being emulated on the dc is no biggie to me.

Did you even read my post correctly?

Small correction: I meant that larger neo geo roms would not be playable on the Dreamcast. not at a speed that would make it worthwhile to the masses anyways. I already know that it can play certain neo geo roms via MAMED
-Misanthropic Faith
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

These days you can get a NeoGeo MVS cheaper than an XBox... and thats IN an arcade cabinet..

http://www.vektorlogic.com/Neo64.htm

^ NeoGeo MVS with cabinet.... ?195

Want something else? How about the NeoGeo64? Some quality games on this bad mammajamma

http://www.vektorlogic.com/neogeo64.htm

^?195 first hand with 3 games, no cabinet

I have both and they are really awesome :) (Still need a new cabinet for my 64 tho :()
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:I have both and they are really awesome :) (Still need a new cabinet for my 64 tho :()
-HH I'm goning to stop by your house to play NEO-GEO and use the 64"TV next time I'm in the neighborhood :lol: You got papers, right? :wink: .

-Zac
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

LOL, me 2 i still cant belive u have a 64inch telly!

[]V[] []_[] T []-[] /-\ F []_[] C []{ /-\