How long did it take you all..?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

Easy-est way to burn any thing

http://www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com/tutdir2boot.htm Step by step With pictures of each step on how to turn plain, files into, a SELF-BOOT image

http://www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com/cdiburn.htm Step by Step With pictures On how to burn the SELF-BOOT image with DJ ..

Now if you cant follow this nothing really can help you. :mrgreen:
Many newbie's have follow this i wrote and never got a coaster.

If your burner does not like DJ use Alcohol 120% to burn the image you created. Really is very easy.
Dreamcast forever!!!
emphyrian
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by emphyrian »

Alcohol fails everytime unfortunatly, even before its finished burning! Disc Juggler mangled my system and the old nero wont detect my cd/dvd writer.
I will be checking your tutorials though, cheers.
Mike
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Install force aspi layer for winxp will fix your problem. Disc Juggler does nothing like That. Many people get warezed or out-of date versions. And it conflicts with a burning program on there system.

make sure you have the correct aspi layer installed. Dont burn the disk DAO then TAO will still work. Convert the cdi to nero use CDI2NERO.. Burn it with nero 5.0 or 5.5 nero6.0 does not burn dreamcast disks.

Sound like your whole computer you need to format reinstall everything. It's a software problem for sure it's Much easyer to burn this then any other system. About 5 clicks for me.
Dreamcast forever!!!
brucedeluxe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by brucedeluxe »

When I get some free time I will make video tutorials :mrgreen:

and also does dir2boot hack the ip.bin to show consolevision or whatever? Cause when I use selfboot it says "IP.bin and 1st_read.bin were NOT hacked" yet I always get that consolevision logo on the sega bootup screen.
Eat it the newbie way
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

emphyrian - I think I picked up on your problem, and I'm not quite sure how to tell you to fix it.

A lot of people have reported that CD/DVD drives will not work to burn these things. I'm not quite sure why, but I know I have seen that information posted quite a few times. Is there any way you can get access to a regular CD/RW drive and test it out?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

brucedeluxe wrote:and also does dir2boot hack the ip.bin to show consolevision or whatever? Cause when I use selfboot it says "IP.bin and 1st_read.bin were NOT hacked" yet I always get that consolevision logo on the sega bootup screen.
For the moment that's forced. I'll remove it in the next version.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

@bruce - I'm sorry to hear that you find SBI so difficult. I have found that it is the simplest way to burn DC discs, and a lot of other people have found that as well. I will work on a tutorial specifically for DSSBS and Selfboot in the near future. Maybe those will help.

The video tutorials sound like a cool idea. Let me know when you get those done.
DreamZone Forums

emphyrian
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by emphyrian »

After installing disc juggler, my computer would no longer start up. I had to goto something like safe mode and get rid of it.
How do I know which aspi layer I need? I have installed about 3 of them recently but the old nero still doesnt want to pick it up. I do have another computer I can try things on so its probably a good idea if I try that.
Just going to be a bit slower today as ive pulled a damn muscle in my back and walkings not so much fun anymore. :evil:
emphyrian
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by emphyrian »

Nice. No idea whats wrong with this computer but I sent dchakker upstairs using msn, burnt it and it worked. Thanks all for your help. I know I will probably run into more problems so I may be back soon. Going to buy a cake and try all the images I had created upstairs. Very interested to see if my first nesterdc image will work now...

Thanks again, heres to the future! (or something) :D
emphyrian
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by emphyrian »

Yep the first nesterselfboot thing I made works as well.
Tutorial writers - Well done! :kiss)
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

:D Congratulations!
Insane homebrew collector.
emphyrian
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by emphyrian »

So then, what else do I want to be doing now? Ive seen all the emulator possibilities but are these other ported and homebrew games good and easy to burn?
Is there anything else I should be trying/doing?

Cheers.

mike
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

You should try it all. If you can get Selfboot Inducer working, go ahead and download just about everything from Sbiffy!com, and try it all. Some of them are fantastic, some are not so fantastic, but it's certainly fun to try them all out.
DreamZone Forums

Christuserloeser

...and for the case you are ever tired of all this :lol: get a DC-X boot disc at Lik-Sang and push your PAL Sega Rally 2 to full speed by using this boot disc! You'll get 20% more speed!

Check out the DC Emu message board about this.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

You can also Get Lots of good stuff from my site.
About 100+ Meg of homebrew Ports games and emulators from me. If you Like arcade or neogeo Check OUT Neogeo SDL/CD. metal slug is fully playable along with lots of games including KoF games from 94 to 99 And some of the worlds best shooters. Speed is very nice on most games grafix far better then snes games.

Neogeo Cd's homepage is
http://www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com/ latest version is V7 So if you get a SBI which kind of defeats, it since it's a boot Disk emulator And loading Dream inducer to load it spoils the fun. In boot disk form it's fast easy and fun. It has no need to be a SBI But it's good for testing.

Take care try every thing Im going to do a Reviews part to my site, on every emulator, in the scene soonish, With pictures and real time use and how to burn.

Should be good.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Some Guy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Some Guy »

brucedeluxe wrote:When I get some free time I will make video tutorials :mrgreen:
That's a great idea.
Christuserloeser

Ian Micheal wrote:If you Like arcade or neogeo Check OUT Neogeo SDL/CD. metal slug is fully playable along with lots of games including KoF games from 94 to 99 And some of the worlds best shooters. Speed is very nice on most games grafix far better then snes games.
Yep, one of the hottest thing IMO in DC scene at the moment. How could I forget :oops: I love PULSTAR be sure to grab this gome somewhere!

Also very good stuff:

VMU Tool v070

SMSplusDC v01 (I still love SMEG too, though SMSplusDC is far better - SBIs)

GenesisPlusDC v01 (set framskip to 2 and you'll get nice results)

DreamSNES v098 / SuperFamicast v02 (SBIs!)

DCGNUBoy v103

Get Bleem!cast - the hi res full speed PlayStation emulator at http://www.Lik-Sang.com (Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Tekken 3), Lik-Sang also has all new DC games of the past months and you can get decent VCD players + remote control as well!

Buy also the new homebrew games for sale at GoatStore - they look great!

Check out BlackAuras nxDoom 2.2b and loads of freeware Doom mods

QuakeDC by Titanium Software with all its modifications (check QuakeDev forum, and try out the very promising RADQuake project too)

Visit http://www.dcevo.com for ready-to-burn images of some nice homebrew stuff

Check out Beats of Rage and its mods (MegaMan is completly finished!)

...and I could still name hundreds of other projects that are unbelievable good! Most of this stuff is still under development, so you'll see updates for most soon 8-)

use 'search' option on the forum and you'll get lots of info about this stuff
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Hey congrats too bad oyu didnt join the scene about 3-4 years ago you could of had a full speed full sound emulator that is now illegal but oh well.Anyways if oyu wana play videos I recomend downloading xing-hong it plays vcd's very well I havent noticed a problem yet.(If that is a comerical product buy it I cant remebr).DCDIVX.Is also good for of course playing divx files.You have to reencode them though.Also look forward to seeing a gba emu come out for the dc! big news.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Christuserloeser

"download" :o what's the point in downloading a VCD player without (remote)control? :lol:
emphyrian
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by emphyrian »

man, not much stuff then. :wink:

Cheers for the information though guys. Browsing through the links etc now.
My only other question is to zerotype, what emulator are you talking about thats illegal now?#

Mike