WHY AND WHO

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
JoObOy
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WHY AND WHO

Post by JoObOy »

Listen, have U ever read the copyright and publishing laws.

I know I know Iknow...

warez is bad ISPs kick yer ass.

but @ the end of the day .... If U buy/purchase/own a piece of intellectual property such as..... hang on let me give U an example...

A very real for instance...

I purchased Crazy Taxi for DC on release date.
ok it's great I played that bastard to death.... literally.

The disc one day decided it was -quote- "scratched or dirty' or whatever

It was my game and made of sme substance that degrades..

Listen I DO NOT drop discs on the wrong side I realise a scrtched disc is a waste of plastic ok?

but U R legally entitled to make one back up copy of any copyrighted publication..

Surely it is more so against the law to charge U twice for the same game due to substandard production techniques.

I will not bullshit U . some of my enquiries are -hang on I cannot say warez-

erm licensed software related but if it bothers U that much I will shoe U the fucking receipt of purchase,

I own Crazy Taxi the game -NOT THE DISC IT CAME ON- now if software companies are going to flount the law by forcing U to purchase a second copy in case their production techniques are poor (planned obsolesence)

then I will have words because they practically make it impossible for U to make your legitimate legally sound back up copy.,

however I do agree that to distribute warez on the internet for any other reason than offsite storage is wank..
particularly because I am the biggest moaner about SEGAs suicidal demise,

having said that I will NOT pay twice for one fucking game.

So therefore if I make my own bac up copy why can I not duplicate it without being cast into the hellish flames of topic closed....

yeah answer that and stay fahionable.

still on the same subject... how the fuck do U know what my dutch speaking friend has coded and/or how big it is and in what fucking format... sorry to swear.. It has been a very bad day for me...

Listen when games coders produce demoes who's to say what format it has to run in.. ? it doesn't even need to be on a bloody console.

now let's have a little leeway with this.. I mean how much trouble can U get into for offering information and free speach..
If the internet has gone that way ..fuck it .. I am off to my abbacus and VW camper van

sayonara
IUG-13

WHY AND WHO

Post by IUG-13 »

JoObOy wrote: but U R legally entitled to make one back up copy of any copyrighted publication..

then I will have words because they practically make it impossible for U to make your legitimate legally sound back up copy.,

however I do agree that to distribute warez on the internet for any other reason than offsite storage is wank..

now let's have a little leeway with this.. I mean how much trouble can U get into for offering information and free speach..
If the internet has gone that way ..fuck it .. I am off to my abbacus and VW camper van

sayonara
Okay, I will take a legit approch at answering these:

1. You are NOT entitled to make a backup. Unfortunetly, if the game sratches, you have to go out and buy a new one. It is just another way for big corperations to make more money off of you...

2. Even if you do have this real story (which yours I believe) we cannot say "okay, here is a warez link". Point is, it is way to easy to lie on the internet...

3. If we did give you links, this site would be closed down by Sega. Even though there is freedom of speech, Sega would close us down, saying that we are attacking thier products.

Point is, being a mod, people will hate us. I appload dude322mg for closing thouse down (btw dude, leave this one open). I was trying to be too nice to everyone, and ingoring the ovious...
doofnuck
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by doofnuck »

JooBoy why not check your facts b4 posting a bunch of bs cause your legally NOT allowed to download and burn backups of your games.
disappearingboy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by disappearingboy »

i find it a bit hypocritical to say you're not entitled to a backup copy of your own game and host a web site that distributes programs for those uses...emulation is playing backups ya know...
disappearingboy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by disappearingboy »

oh, and in the back of my manual for tony hawk 2, it says right here:

"...limited right and liscense to use one copy of this Program solely and exclusively for your personal use."
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

#1 Well, the programs are legal for emu, the roms aren't, so we don't let you post rom links here.

#2 In the back of the Sonic Adventure 2 manual, it say "Copying and/or transmission of this game is strictly prohibited." Meaning that you can not copy this one. Even if the Tony Hawk lets you make one copy, you can't. There are only a handful of people that do make these images. Groups like Escholen, Eurasia, etc...
doofnuck
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by doofnuck »

BTW I never said I agree with the rules of this site or that I agree with the laws. And you are allowed to make one copy I think but you cant download it and burn it you must buy a serial cable and rip your game then burn one copy. Correct me if I'm wrong.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Well if you are entitled to one backup per disc you buy then who is to stop the people who download the game from the person who backuped the disc? Or one of there friends making a copy of the game? Once a game is ripped it only take like 1 day to get into a 100 homes, then 1000 people download from those people. It spreads like fire. To put it simply, No warez talk on DCEmulation.com :| So that this place won't get shut down is probably the main reason.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
JoObOy
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

hmmmm, Solicitor please.....

Post by JoObOy »

Allegedly the intellectual property back-up law DOES exist in the States.. (hmm maybe if SEGA are bothered enough 2 read this site they may choose to clear this matter up)

But I take perverse care over my CDs and lemme tell U there is no road on my -purchased on day of release - CRAZY TAXI.....

not much fun anymore..

funny though.. I can't argue about the fact that EVERY single one of the 50 odd SNES games I own on cartridge work perfectly every time... funny huh that we all wanna back them up..(I'm joking of course),

I tell U what CVGS is the best thing ever because I dunno if this applies to the PS1 but the PSX lasers seem to last about long enough to complete 3 decente games before you have to turn them on their side and blow fans at the damn things...(wonder if that's wht PiS2 has that sideways stand???)

OK OK I really didn't wanna rock the boat because this is an excellent site and forum, so I'll shut up !!

:D

I tell U what else... SEGA UK have DEFINITELY got time to read all these posts even though there is only one guy who works there nowadays (it's a garden allotment down the back of my yard) just don't credit him with too much insight....he drinks white cider out of a brown paper bag... hahhaa
LoveDC-newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by LoveDC-newbie »

OK, first I'd like to say I really like this Site, and I think Sega has always made the best consoles. That being said, if I wanna make a copy of my games, backup or otherwise, I am going to do it. If I wanna download illegally copied material, I am going to do that also. Neither Sega nor anybody else can stop me. I hope this dont cause yall any problems, but I felt I had to express my opinion.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Hey, I don't care that you have warez, still download warez, etc...

Hell, I have warez'ed games? So what does that mean? Nothing, cuz I don't post anything about where to get them, how to burn them or anything like that. I keep what I do off the sites so that they can stay open. That's the whole point.

TOPIC CLOSED