PSO Homebrewed Server?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.

Would ya want to use a fan-made PSO server?

Total votes: 0
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Moi »

It does. If you don't have a decompiler/disassembler...
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Been thanked: 0

Post by pepitonet »

Moi wrote:It does. If you don't have a decompiler/disassembler...
yup very true it sure seems like the guy who posted it doesn't take skill si either super smart that he can do it no problem or super stupid that is posting without knowing what is getting himself into..as of which he is only he knows...
klipseracer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

OK, HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Post by klipseracer »

So, i've read all through the internet as it exists and I have come to the conclusion. PSO is the most leathaly addictive game i've ever played. and the most fun. I go to school at OIT in the USA. My major is Software Engineering and I took CISCO classes as a junior and senior in Highschool. So i know pretty well how networks work and if there is something I don't understand I have lots of resources from those classes to find out. Here at my college I have a friend that is GREAT at winsock programming and is good enough at C++ and assembly to just sh*t out code and call it a program. I am on my way in that direction. I told him my delima and he suggested me to a network sniffer that I havn't seen anyone suggest on any of the boards(pso life,pso world, this one) and it works VERY WELL! it will tell you EVERYTHING imaginable about the packet so it is very easy to anylize. I currently have access to the DC v1.1 PSO, Japanese PC PSO and the Network Trial. The DC version is in fact a retail copy so codes come with it. Since the servers are now down, If anyone can tell me how to connect to a japanese server or european server in any way it would be of great help. I don't care if I can't understand the speech because I am solely concerned about the connection to the authentication server itself right now. I took barubary's advice(thx barubary!) and added some information to the host file in the system folder and was able to redirect the Network Trial PC PSO version to my computer instead of a non existant server somewhere on the web. I can also ping the server address for the Network Trial PC PSO which happens to be:
pso-kr06.sonic.isao.net

I'm not sure if this was already given, but it was not included in one of the posts that barubary made. If anyone has ever recorded any logs using snort or any other method or program. PLEASE send them to me. Logs are VERY important and because the servers are now down it is impossible to reverseENG the protocol if the server never sends anything back. The logs can be any version because i'm sure i can find general information from them. Barubary, if you have any information I'd love if you'd share it with me. You guys have honorably tried to create a web page and get something going, but I don't think that there really are very many people on here capable or have the time to do this. It is 12:50am my time and I have 5 classes tomorrow starting at 8am. As you can See i obviously am not loaded with time. But What I came here to say is, I am in the process of trying to revENG the PSO protocol, YES, it will be VERY difficult! not for the avg or even upper joe. I have lots of resources and SoftIce expierience here so don't worry about me. If i don't know it i can find out. And if anyone has any logs to contribute, they can be any version it would really help me out. otherwise i'm not sure what i'm going to do. Maybe I'll have to open up some pso.exe later tomorrow :o

SEND LOGS!!!!!!!!! klipseracer@hotmail.com

PS please do not send me an email regarding progress or such because i will immediately block you and change my email address.

EDIT: maybe this would do better in a new thread. and as far as progress, I think i'm going to be setting up a DNS server tomorrow or creating a FUGLY nat setup because monitoring DNS queries over the 127.0.0.1 loopback is too freakin hard. and i would rather set up a DNS anyhow. If anyone has an easy solution consider it taken.