Argh! (Regarding Sbi Files)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Emperor Bohe
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Argh! (Regarding Sbi Files)

Post by Emperor Bohe »

How the hell do you burn these things? I wasted to cd-rs already. I got sbinducr already and followed all the instructions carefully, and yet when I load it up in my DC all it is, is a green Xbox ripoff menu with nothing to do! HELP!
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Re: Argh! (Regarding Sbi Files)

Post by OneThirty8 »

Emperor Bohe wrote:and yet when I load it up in my DC all it is, is a green Xbox ripoff menu with nothing to do! HELP!
lol... that Menu is older than the X-Box afaik. M$ ripped off Grendal! :o

Did you get Selfboot Inducer and your .sbi files from http://www.sbiffy.com? Sounds like you're using a combination of version 2.1 of the program with version 3.0 files or vice-versa. If you download everything from http://www.sbiffy.com you shouldn't run into that problem.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Emperor Bohe wrote:and yet when I load it up in my DC all it is, is a green Xbox ripoff menu with nothing to do! HELP!
lol... that Menu is older than the xbox afaik. M$ ripped off Grendal! :o
Actually 138, just a slight, anal correction: AFAIK, the theme to which Bohe is referring (the one that comes with SBInducr) was actually put together by Javex, not Grendel. If Javex and Grendel are the same guy, then I stand corrected, and will put a dunce cap on my head while I sit in the corner of the chatroom.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Emperor Bohe
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Emperor Bohe »

Thanks, I got it to work! (5 days ago might I add)
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

curt_grymala wrote:Actually 138, just a slight, anal correction: AFAIK, the theme to which Bohe is referring (the one that comes with SBInducr) was actually put together by Javex, not Grendel. If Javex and Grendel are the same guy, then I stand corrected, and will put a dunce cap on my head while I sit in the corner of the chatroom.
I stand corrected. :)