just an idea

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

just an idea

Post by Skynet »

would it be possible to get a hyper terminal type program for the dreamcast in which i can dial another modem directly? i was wondering this because i wish to be able to talk to a hearing impeared girl i know but cant always get access to my computer. so i was wondering if it was possible to get a hyper terminal type program that can dial other dreamcasts aswel as other computers. possible? worth it? please reply
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Unfortunatly not possible, because the homebrew scene doesn't know how to access the Dreamcast's modem. You would one of those highly expensive Broadband Adapters, etc. Not worth it. THen you need someone to code it for you.

Good luck with the chick ;)
It's thinking...
theultimatechuff
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by theultimatechuff »

You might not have much luck, the DC's modem is one of the least known about areas.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

Why don't you just use the internetfeature? If i'm not wrong you can chat with the Dreamcast trough a chatpage...

Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

just and idea

Post by Skynet »

thats all well and good, but the person i wanna talk to doesnt have the net. therefore chatting on the net is impossible. but thanks for all replies anyway
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800