GypPlay and DreamVCD

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

GypPlay and DreamVCD

Post by Nico0020 »

ok, I have ordered DreamVCD off the internet recently. Since I do not have it yet I need to ask a question. Ok, I do not have a DVD player in my room, the only ones I have are the ones in my parents room and the one on the computer which is in my parents room. I have already found a way to convert my DVD's to VCD. and when I convert them they turn into a MPEG1 file. I decided to play the file on my computer first and it looked fine. Then I thought I might as well try it on gpylay, when I did the quality was majorly droped down from when I say it on my computer. I mean by loosing quality by it having really big squares and it would lag sometimes. Is this just a result of playing it on gyplay, does anybody know if it will look better on teh VCD player. Please reply.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

VCD's look better played through a DVD/VCD player.

Try using the TMPGEnc settings file found on this page to convert your video, it might look better through GypPlay after using it.