nxdoom and doom1 registered...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

nxdoom and doom1 registered...

Post by emptythought »

well today i thought id gather all my doom cds and make a doom disc for my dreamcast. i went to try out doom 1 registered version and everything seemed fine. all up until after i had to select my skill; the screen turned back with this error:

Code: Select all

nxDoom Beta 2 - Fatal Error

W_GetNumForName: STTMINUS not found!
now what do i do with this? is it just a bug and something that needs to be worked out, or is it something i did? i also tried the windows version and it did the same thing, except the error was in a dialog box.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Simple!

You're using an older version of Doom. You must be using version 1.9 of the Doom WAD files for it to work with nxDoom. I do not, and have never, had an earlier version of DOOM.WAD to test it with, but versions before 1.6 (which will be any version originally on a floppy disk set) will not work with nxDoom.

nxDoom might work with v1.6 or above, but I wouldn't recommend it.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

ah, that solved the problem. thanks for the relpy. for others that are having this problem, you can get update patches here, http://www.gamesover.com/patchd.htm. thanks again blackaura.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

No problem!
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

btw, nice job on the port. your i like your mod menu, good job.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I don't like the modmenu. I never got a chance to finish it. If I ever get nxDoom Beta 3 done, it'll have a much better modmenu than that. And maybe even a modlist generator.
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

The modmenu is kinda cheesy but It Rocks! Can't wait for your NXDOOM beta 3 and there's a Wad called NUTS. You should give that a try. But on PC. It slows the Dreamcast to a crawl. Because literally there are hundreds of imps on the screen as soon as you start. And I mean HUNDREDS.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I don't like the modmenu. I never got a chance to finish it. If I ever get nxDoom Beta 3 done, it'll have a much better modmenu than that. And maybe even a modlist generator.
:D i look forward to beta 3, recently this has been my favorite dcemu/homebrew thing.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I agree with that it rocks allways liked NXdoom feels good nice framerate as well
Dreamcast forever!!!
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

Plus I Love the fact that you only need the controller to play it. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!