Nester game operation...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NightHammer »

JoeyStyles66 wrote:1. i burned each ROM into seperate folders. I dunno how that wuold improve playability but the rom lists load right away with it, no load times.
...ah...okay...like I stated, I've got lots of ROMs...and they're all in one big folder...and they work great. You should be able to just put them all in one folder. I've burned them on the same disk too and had no problem. I have no clue what everyone's beef about 7.1 is. I've never had one problem with it...yet....

Later!
NightHammer
All your systems are belong to me
JaSpAlLeR
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by JaSpAlLeR »

I used Nester DC 5.0 before... and then I finally got to 7.1... on 5.0 ALL THE GAMES RAN PERFECTLY, no junk stuff like the screwed up controls... and when I went to 7.1 I took the roms from the cd that had 5.0... aaaaaaaaand the result was:
7.1 SCREWED UP ON MOST OF THE GAMES... I'm guessing about 3-10% of my roms work... WHAT THE JELLYBEANS MAN... :evil:
kingdragon213
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by kingdragon213 »

well im still fairly new to all this stuff and when i burned my 1st nesterdc cd, it was a 7.1, and all the games i have tried played right, well with the few ( 3 Jap) games that did work right, but other than that, it was all good
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

ah...okay...like I stated, I've got lots of ROMs...and they're all in one big folder...and they work great. You should be able to just put them all in one folder. I've burned them on the same disk too and had no problem.

i put all the roms in seperate folders cuz it looks better on screen. When i scroll through the games, there's no .nes extension on the names. So i just click on that particular game folder and the .nes file is inside
MINOPLIS
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MINOPLIS »

I use both versions, 6 and 7.1 i have 940 roms win NesterDC6 CD and 2800 roms with the version 7.1, i didnt found any differences between the two versions, except the fact that with the version 6.0 you can rezise the screen and configure the joystick, i dont think there is those options in nesterDC 7.1, or there are?
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

in NesterDC you can move the screen around but i don't think you can resize it. But it fits my tv perfectly anyways so i don't need to resize
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

I used NDC 5.0 for the longest time (until I learned how to selfboot myself....) and when I went to 7.1 I used my 5.0 ROMs disk with NO problems....

Later!
NightHammer
All your systems are belong to me
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs »

Bottom line for me is that 6.0 works fine. I get 7.1 to boot and all, but the game controls are all messed up. So for now I'll stick with 6.0.
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

well 7.1 works perfectly for me and others, while it craps out on other people? hmmm...... maybe it has something to do with the different DC models?