*NEW* homebrew game ported TRAILBLAZERDC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by reaper2k2 »

you site is hosting my stuff take it down etc or you are breaking the law only intended to use it for my self and put it out for people to test

YOU will never get any source code from me THIS is GOOD BYE your the c.unt that made me leave
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

I'd just like to point out.. that if you are trying to make toastman out to be some sort of villian for making you leave... you are going about it the wrong way. You are only making yourself look bad.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Reaper, how many times are you going to say good-bye?
Are you waiting for the groundswell of support from among your many loyal followers here?
Are you waiting for the mighty and noble Administrators to ban me for asking what is in my legal right to ask?
If you are going to leave, leave.
No signature.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

WHY

Post by DcSteve »

what happened to you Reaper. WHY are you acting like this. This cant be the same person as the one i was friends with a few months back and helping him out with early display and control code is it??

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Http://dev.dcemulation.org/mamed - Unofficial American MAMED Website
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

ITS the end now check my sites mr toastman OH yeah like i care

fk it ok im fking dc emu release 90% of stuff in the last 6 months most of it is mine

nothing is going to come from me again so suffer the gba emu is not going to be released or any other game i was working on

reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

ALL sites are gone no more releases get it good bye sir

this time is for real you suck little fker

Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

[quote"toastman']Just honor their wishes and intentions and do as the ask in their licenses and stop being such a baby about it.[/quote]

No one cares of the freaking source code except you and Phantom!!
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Warmachine wrote:[quote"toastman']Just honor their wishes and intentions and do as the ask in their licenses and stop being such a baby about it.
No one cares of the freaking source code except you and Phantom!![/quote]

it's a matter of pricipal and the fact that he won't return the same favor to those that worked hard and released it for free.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Did he make source code or get it from some one?? If he made it I think he shouldnt release it. If he got it then he should release like how the other person did.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

He got it from someone else.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

o.... He should release it then because he didnt like me source from scratch
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

The people who released the code he used had a license which required him to make any changes he made available to anyone who asks, so *everyone* could benefit from the changes. But he chose to get overly dramatic about someone making that very request he was obligated to complete. Nobody hassled him, they merely explained to him how the license worked. And requested he follow it.

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding this :) If so.. someone correct me.
Last edited by MrSiggler on Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

MrSiggler wrote:The people who released the code he used had a license which required him to make any changes he made available to anyone who asks, so *everyone* could benefit from the changes. But he chose to get overly dramatic about someone making that very request he was obligated to complete. Nobody hassled him, they meerly explained to him how the license worked. And requested he follow it.

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding this :) If so.. someone correct me.
Gladly. I shall correct you. You misspelled the word merely. :lol:
Last edited by TreyDay on Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

lol. So I did.. thanks :lol:
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

Wtf....this is so childish...I can't believe a MAN with a WIFE would act this way.

Sure, delete all of your stuff. You're just hurting yourself and the scene.

If you think you shouldn't have to give the code out, I don't want you here anyway.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Let me put this way if you dont want to give out the code. You shouldnt of gotten the code.
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

I think you guys missed the point. I don't think the issue was the source, so much as the thread of the nice new game he released was hijacked to complain about gpl violations. He does something nice, and doesn't even get any congrats before this crap starts.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Wasgo wrote:I think you guys missed the point. I don't think the issue was the source, so much as the thread of the nice new game he released was hijacked to complain about gpl violations. He does something nice, and doesn't even get any congrats before this crap starts.
Exactly. He does something for us and you change the whole subject about laws and liscense. The ?hit you guys were talking about, you gpls and xpl (dont know ?hit about program so tell me if one of them I said isnt real.:)). The things you guys were talking about should have been in the null section because it has nothing to do with DC Emulation & Homebrew Games Forum. So can we get the piece(s) were the subject went out of the topic in the null forum, thats why it is there.
zektor
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zektor »

This is just absolutely rediculous. All of it.
http://csdb.dk/scener/?id=3455 - Me (circa 1991), Dice/NTT!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

reaper2k2 wrote:were's the bitching for nxdoom source then ?
Nobody has ever asked for it. If anyone wants it, I have no objections to giving it away. Most of it isn't mine anyway, so what right to I have to keep freeley-released source code to myself? I didn't openly release that code because I don't think anyone would be interested in it, but I've said before that if anybody wants the source code then they can have it.

Same with nxQuake - if anyone asks, I'll give them the source code for that as well. In fact, I seem to recall giving you the source code for nxQuake, because you asked for it.

Simple fact - Traliblazer is GPLed. It doesn't matter if it's the GPL or LGPL, the effect is still the same. You don't have to upload source code with the binaries, but you are required to make the source code available to anyone who requests it. If you just compiled the source code with no changes whatsoever, simply state that fact and tell us where the original source code is. If you've made any modifications, no matter how trivial, you are required to release those modifications, either by public release or on request.

It doesn't matter if the makefiles are configured for your system, because they aren't that difficult to modify. As long as the source code released is the source code you used to build the program, that is all that's required. If you're going to port open-source programs, you should respect the wishes of the original authors and release your changes.

And there is no reason to get so annoyed because somebody asks if they can see the source code. It's a perfectly valid request, and one which would not be too hard to comply with.