Just got a Dreamcast!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
aragorn516
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Just got a Dreamcast!

Post by aragorn516 »

OK, Im probably going to get banned for asking, but what the hell???

Is there anyone out there willing to make me a few DC emulation discs for some of the older consoles? (Ones that are of course, not on the "banned" list) Like the Atari 2600/5200, NES/SNES, and Mame?

I don't have much for trade, but I'd be more than willing to compensate for times spent and discs used.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Do you lack a burner?
And no you won't get banned unless you start talking about said unmentionables.
No signature.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Hey guy you can get 20x cdr/w burners at staples for $20 after rebate. Trust me there worth it.
rabid
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by rabid »

I will burn you one. Send me some money.
aragorn516
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by aragorn516 »

I have a burner...(24x actually) but I'm not much of a programmer, so I don't have the know-how to make the disc(s). I tried. It takes a LOT more patience than I have!
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Dude, I'm dumb as hell and even I managed to burn a Dreamsnes disc(with roms) about 2 years ago. And I did it on a computer that wasn't even mine!

Just read the instructions for burning stuff, and follow EXACTLY what it says. You just can't go wrong. :|
Rambozo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Rambozo »

Get Nero. http://www.nero.com

Download a CD image of the game or emulator you want, but it should be a Nero image (ends in .NRG)

doulbe click the nrg file (like Dreamsnes.nrg)

Nero will come up with a window that has a "burn" button at the bottm.

Click the "burn" button.

Wait till it says it's done burning.

And that's rocket science?
aragorn516
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by aragorn516 »

What do you mean by image? Just the program itself????? Like if I use Cyberstella.exe for the atari 2600 I just copy it onto a disc using nero?
aragorn516
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by aragorn516 »

Oh, and yes...to a retard like me.....major rocket science.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

aragorn516 wrote:What do you mean by image? Just the program itself????? Like if I use Cyberstella.exe for the atari 2600 I just copy it onto a disc using nero?
No. You can't just pop an emulator on a disk. The emulator has to be for the Dreamcast, not for the PC. At DCEmulation, there are disk "images" - this is a file that contains all the data that needs to go on a disk for it to work. Download and install Nero, then on the pages at DCEmulation, download the Nero disk "image" for whatever emulator you want to burn. Double click the "image" once you download it, and Nero will open. Click "Write" and it will burn the emulator onto a disk.

Boot up the emulator by placing it in the Dreamcast and turning it on. Burn the game ROM files onto another disk by simply burning them on the disk like normal files. Once the emulator loads up, open the Dreamcast's disk lid and swap out the emulator disk with the ROM disk.

Now choose the ROM file you wish to play, and it will load up and play.

I hope you understand this, I put it in terms anyone with little info can understand.
It's thinking...
Rambozo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Rambozo »

I'm guessing, from the ingrateful silence, that we solved this guy's problem.
aragorn516
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by aragorn516 »

Actually Rambozo I am VERY greatful! I just haven't tried it yet. I just downloaded nero and am going to try it tonight. I'll let you all know how it works....MUCHOS GRACIAS for helping me, even if I can't do it!!!!
aragorn516
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by aragorn516 »

Well I guess I did something wrong. I followed your instructions (although it was almost impossible finding the inage file....I finally figured out though it is marked "plain files" in the DCStella section)
I got the boot disc to work, some screen that says "disc loader volume....something with a dog floating around did come up, and it said please insert disc. But, when I put the disc in, nothing happens. I know the rom files are there on the 2nd disc (I even played them just to test through my pc emulator....)
Any suggestions?