I burnt a sbi of heretic and hexen,but the games won?t load!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Spendlind
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I burnt a sbi of heretic and hexen,but the games won?t load!

Post by Spendlind »

:(
I?ve downloaded the sbi?s files and everything was ok till I tried to play the games,the DC tried to load them but it just resets!
How could I soluce this?
Please,any help would be sweet.
Thanks.
Dreamcast,the best console ever.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The most obvious cause for that is missing WAD files. You need to copy the files HERETIC.WAD and HEXEN.WAD from the PC versions of Heretic and Hexen, and put them on the CD.
Spendlind
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Spendlind »

Yes, I put them in the root of the cd,the game tries to load,it appears a second the logo of hexen but it just reboots.
And the wads are the latest version of hexen/heretic.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Strange. I have had some problems with Heretic and Hexen before (random reboots, sound not working sometimes), but I've never had it just restart every time.
zektor
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zektor »

I get the same exact problem as this guy. What gives?
http://csdb.dk/scener/?id=3455 - Me (circa 1991), Dice/NTT!
zektor
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zektor »

Ok, I found the problem that everyone is having with teh SBI files. You NEED to have the Midi files unzipped in your root directory in inducer. It will reboot without them. I got the games working, but when it loads it grinds my DC drive back and forth for like 3 minutes. Is this normal? Once in the game it's ok, but I fear I will need a new DC if I continue to load these.
http://csdb.dk/scener/?id=3455 - Me (circa 1991), Dice/NTT!
Spendlind
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Spendlind »

Oh,Great Zektor! I didn?t know it was because of that.I?ll have to try it.From what you said,it takes ages to load and that?s worrying me,it could be very bad to the lector.Thanks!
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

BlackAura wrote:sound not working sometimes
y does it do that? it pisses me off every time i play the game n the sound doesnt work. well sometimes it does work but most of the time it doesnt
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I think that Bero's sound code is a little buggy. I was having a lot of similar problems with nxDoom using the software sound system, so I just threw the whole thing out and re-wrote it from scratch. It works much better now, but I had trouble getting all the sounds into the DC's Sound RAM - I don't think it'd work on Heretic or Hexen.