Homebrew Sonic game

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

tenchi wrote:I really liked SA 2, mostly because it seemed more finished. of course, i switched to japanese voices with subtitles. Lemme tell ya, it made it seem a lot nicer. Another thing this that there is more action, especially the Sonic/Shadow levels. Those darn things are just plain fun, especially Shadow's highway level. Heck, I even liked the Rouge/Knux and Tails/Eggman levels. :P

I hate all the find 3 thing levels, but there bareable. I really hate that timed rouge stage. I actually quit playing the game after that. The Tails/Robotnick levels didn't thrill me either. I loved the Sonic/Shadow LEvels though.

I notice on SA1 if you run past taht ice level and jump in the hole you can see yourself standing at the bottom. That is the hole that takes you back to MYstic Ruins.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

Well, sorry to piss people off again, but doesn't anyone notice the horrible, horrible music in SA2? Yes the gameplay was cool though. Music couldn't be disabled.

p.s. I love sonic! :lol:
"The only thing that we can know is that we know nothing,
and that is the highest flight of human wisdom." -Leo Tolstoy
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

Mr._Chips wrote:Well, sorry to piss people off again, but doesn't anyone notice the horrible, horrible music in SA2? Yes the gameplay was cool though. Music couldn't be disabled.

p.s. I love sonic! :lol:
I thought the music was OK in SA2, but if you don't like why don't you just turn the volume down??
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

I loved sonic adventure 2's music dam it was good.
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

why not turn the volume down?
hmmm well then there would be no sfx then would there? I mean it's alright for DreamSNES but not necessary for SA2. A 'music disable' toggle would have been just the ticket.
zickfun wrote: I loved sonic adventure 2's music dam it was good.
Really? Thought it was a little repetative.
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SpiderW »

I havn't played Sonic Adventure 2, can't find it down here. But I played the demo that came with PSO, Its with sonice after ripping a blade off a chopper and using it like a snow board but on the roads, it was bloody crazy, although if you hit the side of the road you would be bombarded with glitches (This is the demo) and the fact that running into a car makes it fly off into the distance (this looked coolies though) it was all good, seemed way nicer then the SA1 controlls, and the graphics actually looked, not all over the place, but thats one thing I liked bout SA1, dunno why, but the whole rubber face and over used facial expressions just seemed cool for sonic, but I don't really know too much of Sonic as I was always a little nintendo kid.
Crack a window will ya!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The only problem I had with the music was that it was too loud (especially in SA1), and it drowned out all of the sounds and voices. And the Rouge/Knuckles stuff wasn't very good - Knuckles' rapper wannabe tracks were too short and repetetive for vocal tracks.

Personally, I've always liked the Sonic games, and SA2 was really good. As long as you get somebody else to play the Knuckles/Rouge sections...
NeoWwW
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by NeoWwW »

Is there anybody that could write a Sonic homebrew game for Dreamcast? Are there any fans that think sonic ruulez :?: :(
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SpiderW »

Jeese, a Sonic Adventure style game where you make your own levels, too bad its too good to be true, and probobly downright impossible!
Crack a window will ya!
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Mr._Chips wrote:
Sonic kicked ass on Gameboy Advance, what's wrong with you?
Maybe so, but that is what truly marked the end of Sonic's career. Don't ever expect to see him again.... unless in the gamecube with it's PlaySkool controllers... :evil:
And I don't hate him, hell, I loved the old 2D megadrive games!
but sonic adventure/2 sucks, and that was another nail in the coffin...

So get over it. Sony and Micro$oft will be the only contenders in the console race soon.
I'm just saying what has already happened ...let him go.
Sounds like we have someone who doesn't know what he's talking about on these forums, and I won't mention any names. GCN is cold, so I don't know where you get of saying it just for little kids. I am pleased with most of GameCube's line up of games. Resident Evil 0 for the GCN got rated best graphics of the year by GI....do games such as Resident Evil 0 and Eternal Darkness sound like what you call these kiddy games? I think not, so don't go around saying that Nintendo "killed" Sonic, when they were saving him.
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

Saiyan Eye wrote: Sounds like we have someone who doesn't know what he's talking about on these forums, and I won't mention any names. GCN is cold, so I don't know where you get of saying it just for little kids. I am pleased with most of GameCube's line up of games. Resident Evil 0 for the GCN got rated best graphics of the year by GI....do games such as Resident Evil 0 and Eternal Darkness sound like what you call these kiddy games? I think not, so don't go around saying that Nintendo "killed" Sonic, when they were saving him.
I never said GC was just for little kids. I' said the controllers resemble PlaySkool's colourful toys. Nintendo has long sought out to up their profits by making controllers/consoles different colors or transparent, with the GC no exception. That's pretty cool, but it kind of makes their products seem more kid-oriented, don't you agree? Where does that put us as serious, hard-core gamers? Are we just big kids, not grown-ups? I think it's time to acknowledge the grown-up gamer community. We are the real investors....

And to Saiyan Eye, I find it a little strange that you would quote me, then claim to not mention any names. It's clear to see that it's you who is the kid. Lemme guess, is Santa bringing you a GameCube this Christmas? Don't forget to leave out milk and cookies!
-Mr Chips
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

well this has gone wayyyyyyyyyy off topic so im gonna close it now. if anyone thinks it should be opened then reopen it.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!