Somebody needs to make an internet explorer emu thingy forDC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Somebody needs to make an internet explorer emu thingy forDC

Post by CaTaClYsM »

Read the subject....
We need one wiht the latest drivers and sutch so we can get the most out of browsing the internet, and now that msn has it so you can only use msn and internet explorer with their internet i need one but cant make one cuz i cant program. Dose one already exist?
The only reason they call it PMS is because Mad Cow Desease was already taken.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

You're asking for more than what you realize, and more trouble than what you realize.

Just what I need, a program that will crash my DC every five seconds! :)

I wish we had a more advanced Web Browser as well, AIM, ICQ, and IRC support would be sweet as well...

...anyhow we almost got modem drivers, and some of us have Broad Band adaptors (they are being made again you know), who knows, maybe someone with coding skillz might decide to do us all a favor some day and write or port something kool for us to play with. :)
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

In order to run IE on the dc, you would ned to emulate so much (basicly all pc companents)...

I have NO idea what you were talking about with MSN...

AND, a port of mozilla.. or a derivative of it would be nice, but ... mozilla is bloated... long live lynx! =p
--pSyCo
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

It can't be ported because we don't have the source code. If you want a better browser than the one you already have, then take a look at fatheadpi's Browser Project.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Basically, you want a homebrew web browser. Possible, but it's not likely to happen. It's pretty hard to code a web browser from scratch, and all open-source ones require more resources than the DC has. So, unless someone who likes coding browsers has a couple of months free, it'll probably never happen.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Perhaps someday one of the browsers on the Amiga will go open source? They at least were coded as a browser should be coded, compact and resource friendly.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

XDelusion, your avatar is huge
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Xylene wrote:XDelusion, your avatar is huge
That's the same bug that's made some avatars too small - just an issue to do with the upgrade.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

All the girls tell me that. ;)
gamecube4789
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gamecube4789 »

Has anyone ever heard of Trillian? It is a chatting program that lets you log onto AIM, MSN, YAHOO, ICQ all on the same buddy list....i think it is homemade and if that was open source....could we port it?
Bungiesoft: 15,000.
The PC industry: 900,000.
Sense of dignity: Worthless.
Some things money can't buy......but Microsoft will try anyway.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

as far as i know, anyone on the internet has heard of trillian, and you say "if it was opensource" well its not, so dont even ask. kid, if you want aim so bad on dc, get coding.