DCDIVX audio problem

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCDIVX audio problem

Post by CaTaClYsM »

got an audio problem. I made the movie and the audio de-synchronized gradualy and at minute 8 cut off and left the rest of the movie silent. I opened up adobe premiere and tried to use that to directly copy the movie (the original one) and got absolutely no audio. then I used the wav file on the movie that I got from adobe that had no audio and I got the same results as I did with the first one. Need help here. Need it bad...
The only reason they call it PMS is because Mad Cow Desease was already taken.
unoproph
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by unoproph »

Lemme guess you used virtual dub to turn the Fps from 29 to 23, but there's a lil warning there saying doing this might (will) cause audio desync. The fix I found for this is to run all my videos through TMPGEnc at NTSC Film VCD....and it'll figure out what frames to remove, and keep the audio synced...

As far as fixing the problem, I think your desynced video is trash because all virtualdub does is take the 29fps, and make the movie 23fps, but does not remove the extra frames, leaving you with what you know as 8 minutes without audio...

Just try it it with TMPG, an know the quality goes down with vcd, but it works...

And if it DVD source you might want to try FlaskMPEG to do this all in one, but I can't seem to figure out how to make more then one vob file in a project....if you can, let me know....
"You're mother was a hamster, and you father smelt of eldeberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CaTaClYsM »

nope, havent done anything to the frame rate.
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CaTaClYsM »

man, its been a week and still no help
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CaTaClYsM »

come on ,anyone?
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CaTaClYsM »

please?
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: DCDIVX audio problem

Post by JDCreationz »

CaTaClYsM wrote:got an audio problem. I made the movie and the audio de-synchronized gradualy and at minute 8 cut off and left the rest of the movie silent. I opened up adobe premiere and tried to use that to directly copy the movie (the original one) and got absolutely no audio. then I used the wav file on the movie that I got from adobe that had no audio and I got the same results as I did with the first one. Need help here. Need it bad...
DID you even try just burning the movie withOUT encoding it AT ALL??

Cause i do that sometimes
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CaTaClYsM »

Well, the problem with my movie was its size and that was it it was 640 by 360 so it needed resizing, but I couldn't do that without converting it to an mpg because there was an unreadable frame at the 90% marker and in the conversion process the audio started to sound like crap so I made an uncompressed wav of the audio, and when I try to put the wav in it wont work and now you are up to date on the situation.
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

and you were expecting a damaged/ corrupted framed movie to not DESYNC?
P|-|33r |\/|3 B147C|-|!!!
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CaTaClYsM »

well if the mpeg were corrupted then yes, but it isn't its the DIVX AVI thats corrupted
sah
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by sah »

unoproph wrote:And if it DVD source you might want to try FlaskMPEG to do this all in one, but I can't seem to figure out how to make more then one vob file in a project....if you can, let me know....
Go here:
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downl ... kmpeg.html
and download the 'thunder.mism.zip'
and bam multiple vob opening um i mean "parsing"
CaTaClYsM wrote:...there was an unreadable frame at the 90% marker...
If your using virtualdub it should pop up with an error message at the corrupted point showing the frame number, write down the frame number, close virtualdub, reopen it, load the file again and keyframe to the bad frame or go to Edit and select "Go to..." of all things and type in the frame number, next keyframe backwards once then go to Edit again and select "Set selection start", then keyframe forward twice (supposedly beyond the corrupted frame(s) and go to Edit->Set selection end and then Edit->Delete selection, hopefully you've cut out the bad frames, if not you repeat but when Setting selection end you keyframe incrementally(instead of twice, you keyframe forward 3 times, then 4, etc.) til it converts completely, it's painstaking if the corruption is several keyframes, but it works, but hopefully you wont have to cut much and it wont be very noticeable