MPEG 2 support

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MPEG 2 support

Post by CaTaClYsM »

is anyone working on MPEG 2 support, and does anyone know what windows CE is and why it is compatable with my dreamcast?
(seriously folks, it says that windows CE is compatable with my dreamcast right next to the fourth controller port and I want to know WTF windows CE is ans WhyTF it is compatable with my DC.)
The only reason they call it PMS is because Mad Cow Desease was already taken.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

I doubt there will ever be a svcd player for the Dc.

WinCE is an OS that some DC games (and HB stuff) run on. GyPPlay, Sintendo, Chef's Love Shack all run under winCE.
unoproph
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by unoproph »

The bonus of the Mpeg-2 support would be the one setting in TMPGEnc that temps me, the illegal 750kps Mpeg-2 file that would look awesome, and keep smaller file sizes. I would love to see something like that supported.... Oh well, maybe on the Xbox?
"You're mother was a hamster, and you father smelt of eldeberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

unoproph wrote:Oh well, maybe on the Xbox?
The Xbox could definatly do a Svcd player.. and play 2500k Svcds :)
CaTaClYsM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CaTaClYsM »

what do you think the main reason MPEG 2 support won't be available for the DC is?
The only reason they call it PMS is because Mad Cow Desease was already taken.
unoproph
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by unoproph »

I wasn't worried too much about the kbs, it's just at 750kbs svcs it should look better then Divx and have only a little bit larger file size....
"You're mother was a hamster, and you father smelt of eldeberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

CaTaClYsM wrote:what do you think the main reason MPEG 2 support won't be available for the DC is?
Most coders would probably think "Why do I want to code a SVCD player instead of a VCD player?"
I wasn't worried too much about the kbs, it's just at 750kbs svcs it should look better then Divx and have only a little bit larger file size....
Have you ever burned a Svcd at 750k (or even 1000k)? it will look ugly.
unoproph
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by unoproph »

It actually didnt look to bad whan I was foolin around with it....

Oh well....the Xbox's Divx should support high-res and better bitrate, just need to buy one, and get a modchip...lol....
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

unoproph wrote:Oh well....the Xbox's Divx should support high-res and better bitrate, just need to buy one, and get a modchip...lol....
Same here :)