Atani Quits DC Emulation Projects

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Atani Quits DC Emulation Projects

Post by butters » Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:34 pm

Consolevision wrote:In some saddening news, Atani, author of the DC Genesis emulator DCGen and a WIP DC RPG (not to mention many PC emulators), announced on his site that he will be officially halting all work on his emulation projects:

... I am going to be working on a complete new design of this site from the ground up. This is going to take some time and likely will be nothing like what you see today. As for the future projects... Well I do not know yet what lays ahead for me or Atani Software. I would like to work on games programming again and also work on my RPG some. I do not know for sure what I will end up doing. I have unfortunately lost most of my interest in programming. As some of you know, I program for a living and I also do it for fun at home. I have been doing this for nearly 10 years now. 10 years of coding experience and I am getting quite bored with things... I dont know what I am going to do anymore with things. I am going to let fate take things in the directions that they may...
He also mentions that if anyone is interested in taking over DCGen and the CVS tree to contact him. You can check out his entire full post with a lot more information over on his site.

I'd like to give a thanks to Atani from myself and the rest of Consolevision for doing such great work on DCGen and his other projects. He's been a real contribution to the DC scene! Hopefully we'll be able to see the that DC RPG someday ;) Good luck on whatever you decide to do, Atani.
:(
Last edited by butters on Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:45 pm

You obviously didn't see the other thread posted in this forum, and second of all he hasn't quit DCDev'in , just has quit emulation programming. He rather make a mighty impressive RPG then make a emulator.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
lux92886
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lux92886 » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:36 pm

Yep, just emu projects :)
[insert lame signature here]
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:42 pm

HyperG wrote:You obviously didn't see the other thread posted in this forum, and second of all he hasn't quit DCDev'in , just has quit emulation programming. He rather make a mighty impressive RPG then make a emulator.
I just found that thread. I tend to only look at the top 5 or so posts in this forum. I also changed the name of this topic.
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:35 pm

DgEn GENesis

Rulez
Last edited by dcemuler on Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred