Best vdub setting for non-cartoon like movies?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
sepa
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best vdub setting for non-cartoon like movies?

Post by sepa »

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys use for the best playback for non-cartoon/anime movies?

I cant quite get it where I want it.

Lately, Ive been encoding 700 bitrate and resizing to around 320-240 while trying to keep the other setting's around the original format.
eg. If the orginal video was 25 fps and sound was running at 128kbit/s, 44,100Hz stereo; I will keep it the same in the re-encoding so i dont end up with a de-sync.
Though I HAVE had problems running at 320-240 size making the picture freeze, so Ive been dropping it down a little lately.

I know it's smarter to pull the audio and video apart before encoding, but that takes too long. Plus Ive never successfully done it:p

I know this is probably a very bad set-up, which is the reason Im wondering what set up you guys use?
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

320x240 divx 5.01, 500, mplayering, 22mhz, high quality, 22mhz.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Best vdub setting for non-cartoon like movies?

Post by ZacMc »

sepa wrote: If the orginal video was 25 fps and sound was running at 128kbit/s, 44,100Hz stereo; I will keep it the same in the re-encoding so i dont end up with a de-sync.
Though I HAVE had problems running at 320-240 size making the picture freeze, so Ive been dropping it down a little lately.
Your problem isn't the res..
Its the audio bitrate.. Lower it to 22050HZ, 40k.. If you still have problems (with 320x240, 25fps, 700k DivX5.02 Video 22050HZ, 40k, 8bit Audio) then you will have to lower your video bitrate to 500-600, but 700k should work at 320x240