DC Divx question... how do you get it to work?!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Gundam ZZ
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

DC Divx question... how do you get it to work?!

Post by Gundam ZZ » Tue May 28, 2002 6:59 pm

OK: I had the Matrix on DVD, but it got all scratched up... so i d/led it in avi (divx) format. It's about 500MBs and I have no clue how to get a movie like this to run on Dreamcast.

So, can someone tell me (a guy who knows absolutely nothing about DCDivx) how to get it to work and so that it doesn't lose any Picture Quality or Sound Quality that it already has?

Thanks!

ZZ
simonsez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Re: DC Divx question... how do you get it to work?!

Post by simonsez » Wed May 29, 2002 2:33 pm

Gundam ZZ wrote:So, can someone tell me (a guy who knows absolutely nothing about DCDivx) how to get it to work and so that it doesn't lose any Picture Quality or Sound Quality that it already has?

Thanks!

ZZ
You can't. In order to get it to play, you have to downsample the audio to 64k/22mhz, and resize the video to 320x240 (or smaller, for a movie like The Matrix)
FB3K
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by FB3K » Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:50 pm

how you would you make it smaller and do that, and how can you check the stats and a avi.
jared1619
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jared1619 » Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:32 pm