A thank you to all the coders and porters etc

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A thank you to all the coders and porters etc

Post by WRAGGSTER »

It seems that we some times forget those who have contributed so much to this scene, people like Rand Linden who gave us Bleemcast despite unbeliveable pressure from the likes of Sony, and also Gonzo who brought us 3 emulators, then theres also Dan Potter, Marcus and The dreamsnes Team, regex, atani, heliophobe, bigboy and thats just a few of the many great people who have made this scene what it is today, so to all of you chaps a big thank you :)

And also if any of you are reading this and we have not heard drom you for a long time can you give us an update so we can let the scene know how you are doing now :)
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I would like to give a thanks to every author for the DC out there. When I play your product, I don't feel joy for the game, but rather joy for the code. All the code and work put into these applications puts me in awe. I just sit, and wonder how I could make a similar product, like I now do with every computer app I use after my programming classes. Having the time, and knowledge to make these while living a real life amazes me, and you are under-appretiated. People would rather say "This is too slow!" or "Why not just buy a real game system?" thusly slapping these hard working programmers in the face. But sometimes, people must realize that it's not the end result that matters, but how you get there.

RayOfAsh
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by RayOfAsh »

you took that right outa the news.
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

good job grill team
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
RayOfAsh
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by RayOfAsh »

lol we posted at same time =)
OO7TDD

Post by OO7TDD »

U guys really do a lot, u can manage to do so much with so many limitations, The Dc has a lot of limits which u guys cope with. as nintendo did with nes, ure making something out of nothing and thats really something to apriciate. ure not doing it for the money but because u like the challange and thats something that should be honored. people only know how to complain mainly because they dont realize how hard it can be and ure working on motication not a 1grand paycheck. thanks for all ure contributions and keep em commen.
RayOfAsh
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by RayOfAsh »

Again at the asme time =). Can somebody help me out with this QuakeDC prob i am having?
Hawke
Wastelander

Agreed!

Post by Hawke »

Man.. i totally agree with 404 on this one. Take nester dc for example. I come to DCEmu daily for updates. and allmost every day was there a new 'elf' file for nester dc. the guy who worked on that (sorry forget his name >.<) is like THE man. Also, Mr Siggler is another one of my great Hero's of the DC Scene. His mmx oddsey looks absoloutly promising. Even though there is just a small show off of the engine, it, again, is the coding. I've tried time and time again to get a MMX Engine, but either give up,or it plays like crap.

My HUGE apprectiations to everyone! (including the DCEmu Web Masters)
you will allways be the king of consoles
~Hawke

Post by OO7TDD »

RayOfAsh wrote:Again at the asme time =). Can somebody help me out with this QuakeDC prob i am having?

u know if this was irc i would so slap u with a trout.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Agreed!

Post by MrSiggler »

VampireHawke wrote:Also, Mr Siggler is another one of my great Hero's of the DC Scene. His mmx oddsey looks absoloutly promising. Even though there is just a small show off of the engine, it, again, is the coding.
Thanks man :)
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

OO7TDD wrote:U guys really do a lot, u can manage to do so much with so many limitations, The Dc has a lot of limits which u guys cope with. as nintendo did with nes, ure making something out of nothing and thats really something to apriciate. ure not doing it for the money but because u like the challange and thats something that should be honored. people only know how to complain mainly because they dont realize how hard it can be and ure working on motication not a 1grand paycheck. thanks for all ure contributions and keep em commen.
Oh yes , The Dreamcast has so many limitations , i see those limitations when I play :

Shenmue 1 & 2
NHL 2k2
Tokyo Street Racer 2
NFL 2k2 & NBA 2k2
Soul Reaver
Sonic Adventure 2

And all those other games that surpass Playstation 2 quality.
Seeking only strenght
Throwing away pride
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

Let's not forget Wraggster. He may not be a coder, but he's quite an enthusiastic guy. I'd hate to see this scene w/o him :D
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I would like to thank all the coders (especially you Siggler, for SmashDC :D), Cheater (for DCEMU and getting me into Dreamcast), crt0 for Doom & Wolf, Wrag for news and updates, and pretty much everyone else.
OO7TDD

Post by OO7TDD »

dcemuler wrote:
OO7TDD wrote:U guys really do a lot, u can manage to do so much with so many limitations, The Dc has a lot of limits which u guys cope with. as nintendo did with nes, ure making something out of nothing and thats really something to apriciate. ure not doing it for the money but because u like the challange and thats something that should be honored. people only know how to complain mainly because they dont realize how hard it can be and ure working on motication not a 1grand paycheck. thanks for all ure contributions and keep em commen.
Oh yes , The Dreamcast has so many limitations , i see those limitations when I play :

Shenmue 1 & 2
NHL 2k2
Tokyo Street Racer 2
NFL 2k2 & NBA 2k2
Soul Reaver
Sonic Adventure 2

well u notice how in txr2 once in a while it takes a few seconds for the street to load because the dc dosnt have a lot ram. limitations like that, those comercial games are coded by teams of people that figure out how to put all those graphix in ram, flush it, and do it again. the coders here generally do it by themselfs. codeing for a pc is a lot easier than for a consol.

if ure smart ass can make a sa2 quality game on pc, port it to dc, i'm sure it'll be real "easy" for u.
RayOfAsh
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by RayOfAsh »

ya know you should put quates around that. You stole that from the news on the main page.
WeAreVigilant
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by WeAreVigilant »

Always remember
all your base are belong to us
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

Without a doubt, the homebrew scene for the DC is amazing. Many thanks to everyone keeping the white wonder console alive!
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

OO7TDD wrote:
dcemuler wrote:

Shenmue 1 & 2
NHL 2k2
Tokyo Street Racer 2
NFL 2k2 & NBA 2k2
Soul Reaver
Sonic Adventure 2

well u notice how in txr2 once in a while it takes a few seconds for the street to load because the dc dosnt have a lot ram. limitations like that, those comercial games are coded by teams of people that figure out how to put all those graphix in ram, flush it, and do it again. the coders here generally do it by themselfs. codeing for a pc is a lot easier than for a consol.

if ure smart ass can make a sa2 quality game on pc, port it to dc, i'm sure it'll be real "easy" for u.

You don't got it ...

i know it's very very hard to do something for a console

But the fact is that i HATE when somebody say sh*t about dreamcast ...

Don't say that the dreamcast is not capable...

Just say that our coders don't have the right tools ...
Seeking only strenght
Throwing away pride
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

RayOfAsh wrote:ya know you should put quates around that. You stole that from the news on the main page.
before you accuse people of stealing something, look who posted that on the main page. learn to read.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
joshua
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

underrated, undervalued

Post by joshua »

i check out this site every single day to see what new, crazy things these
guys are working on, and every day i am amazed at the time and effort
people put into this for absolutely no monetary reward. i've been around
the "open-source" scene for a long time, so this is not a new concept to me,
but to see it so active and thriving on a "dead" console is so refreshing and
sincere .

i am amazed that all this outstanding work is going on completely under
the radar of the mainstream tech media. this is exactly the type of thing
you would expect to see written up on ZDNet or some such, but even the
"underground" tech media (think Slashdot and the like) seem completely
oblivious.

these programmers and their works are shamefully unappreciated, but i'm
doing the best i can to spread the word. practically every time i have a
friend over, i show them my NesterDC disc with 850+ games on it. some
of them have even gone out and bought a Dreamcast for the specific
purpose of playing Nintendo games. after all, $50 for several hundred
Nintendo games that aren't going to take up your living room is a pretty
good deal. i'm moving in a few weeks, so it's going to be nice to leave all
old consoles boxed up here at home, and only have to take my Dreamcast
and a few CDs with me. that kind of convenience can't be matched.

i am truly grateful to you who spend countless hours making programs
for a lot of the ungrateful, snot-nosed punks who find a hundred things
to complain about, but can rarely find a compliment. i hope this is that
compliment.