DC Programming Contest Voting

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.

Vote for your entry to the programming contest:

Poll ended at Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:26 am

Total votes: 0
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wagh (Original) »

anyone besides me notice how incredibly biased hypers reviews were :/ :roll: ahwell its all fun and games. We gotta close competiton going here.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

dcemuler wrote:
|darc| wrote:
SpiderW wrote:Who cares about Final Fantasy, its always the worst decent RPG to come out, everyone thinks its the best, when really, its not.
Oh, FF7 was well worth getting, but the rest, are, kinda, poop!

FF7 is not just worth getting.
FF7 owns you (I am the FFVII freak).
Even Pokemon is better than that .

I am in a new generation , the best RPG , is not even a RPG , it's FREE ( Full Reactive Eyes Entartainment)

You guys know what i'm talking about :D
You have angered me.
Prepare to die!

I am the FFVII worhiper.
It's thinking...
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

shenmue imho was udderly horrid :P. I picked it up for 10 bucks brought it home played for about 20min before I fell asleep.. ASLEEP playing it :/ I was expecting more action... I thought I could run in front of cars I thought you were supposed to be able to do all kinds of shizat :( major let down for me..
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

FF7 in my opinion, was the last good FF.
(of those I've played).

8 and 9 seemed lacking.. they just didn't 'hook' me.
Can't speak for 10.. since I've not seen it yet.

To me, "Final Fantasy" used to make me think "Great RPG!"
Now adays, the word has lost all meaning >_<

Then again, I find it harder on average to enjoy games I used to love when I was younger.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Ok looking once again this is crazy mad cheating on the part of DreamIncluder. Everytime SmashDC is up Dreamincluder goes up by much more. Hell Dreamincluder shouldnt even be counted as it nothing compared to smashDc its a freaking program thats not good at all. Plus I dont even think this many people would ever vote on it. Its clear someones making multiple accounts to get more votes.

I'm hoping MrSiggler comes out with a totaly new game that proves he's the much better programer.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

clessoulis wrote:Ok looking once again this is crazy mad cheating on the part of DreamIncluder. Everytime SmashDC is up Dreamincluder goes up by much more. Hell Dreamincluder shouldnt even be counted as it nothing compared to smashDc its a freaking program thats not good at all. Plus I dont even think this many people would ever vote on it. Its clear someones making multiple accounts to get more votes.

I'm hoping MrSiggler comes out with a totaly new game that proves he's the much better programer.
"Hell Dreamindcluder should't even be counted as it nothing compared to smashDc its a freaking programs that not good at all" stop saying your opinion in a way that sounds like a fact. i personnaly liked it dream inducer more, but you don't here me fighting for it. sure there may be cheating, maybe not. just dont' express your opinions as facts
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

corta2863 wrote:
clessoulis wrote:Ok looking once again this is crazy mad cheating on the part of DreamIncluder. Everytime SmashDC is up Dreamincluder goes up by much more. Hell Dreamincluder shouldnt even be counted as it nothing compared to smashDc its a freaking program thats not good at all. Plus I dont even think this many people would ever vote on it. Its clear someones making multiple accounts to get more votes.

"Hell Dreamindcluder should't even be counted as it nothing compared to smashDc its a freaking programs that not good at all" stop saying your opinion in a way that sounds like a fact. i personnaly liked it dream inducer more, but you don't here me fighting for it. sure there may be cheating, maybe not. just dont' express your opinions as facts
Point well taken. But a game compared to a program isnt fare. Plus I dont even think theres this many people active on this board to have this many votes casted.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

clessoulis wrote:
corta2863 wrote:

Point well taken. But a game compared to a program isnt fare. Plus I dont even think theres this many people active on this board to have this many votes casted.
i agree there has to be cheating, thats why this poll shouldn't matter much in the final decision
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

Of course when what you favor isn't winning, there must be some kind of cheating involved right? I'm pretty sure I said the same when I use to lose at monopoly as a child. And wasn't that review on the front page a bit biased. Surely it was created with the intension of swaying voters opinions.

Then again, I didn't think this poll was going to be made public. I thought it would be a consensus of a few select individuals. Shows what I know.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

burnerO wrote:Of course when what you favor isn't winning, there must be some kind of cheating involved right? I'm pretty sure I said the same when I use to lose at monopoly as a child. And wasn't that review on the front page a bit biased. Surely it was created with the intension of swaying voters opinions.

Then again, I didn't think this poll was going to be made public. I thought it would be a consensus of a few select individuals. Shows what I know.
i voted for dream inducer, and its ahead, but i still think there is cheating. i never read the review, because i voted beforehand, so i don't know if it was biased or not(probally not)
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

/me has a sinking feeling this is turning into a site war :( Ya know Sanchez was trying to do something nice for the community and then fuckheads had to come in and argue this and that. Let his rules choose the winner quit with the biased opinions and just wait and see what happens jesus freakin christ is that so hard? Don't you people have better things to do?
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

You have no right to say "(probally not)" if you haven't actually read the thing. The entire review is just a slam against Di.

Regarding the issue of this become a site war... I have nothing against SmashDC. I think it's a great homebrew game. I like Siggler and we talk every once in a while. All I took into account was the impact of which the releases have had on me. SmashDC is a cool game, which I play occasionally, but Di allows me burn everything on the same cdr. While SmashDC is very nice, it is just another homebrew game. Di gives everyone the chance to easily try out SmashDC along with many other homebrew games that they probably had never "wasted" a cdr on in the first place. It is possible we're trying to compare two very dissimilar programs. Just my 2 cents.

Regarding everyone saying that Di is to hard to use... I won't plug my site, but you get the idea.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

burnerO wrote: Di gives everyone the chance to easily try out SmashDC along with many other homebrew games that they probably had never "wasted" a cdr on in the first place.
your right, i never burned a homebrew game before because i didnt want to use a cd just to find out i dont like the game. but now with di, i put them all on a cd, and after playing them, im glad i did.
that is why i voted for di.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SpiderW »

I havn't actually used DI, but infact, I have only ever done 3 succesful burns, Smeg, Dreamsnes and Smash DC... I just need a new burner, but I think when I do get a new burner, I shall try out DI, it seems to be getting enough hits to say its good.
But I still think Smash is the best!
Crack a window will ya!
HidariMak
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by HidariMak »

Hurricane Hasney wrote:Skies of Arcadia absoubtly RAPES the FF games
I wouldn't go that far, but Skies of Arcadia seems to be the better RPG to me too. I've never played the Japanese Final Fantasies, but of the US ones the one which seemed best was #3 on the SNES.

While FF7 definitely looks better with the CGI pre-rendered backgrounds and spell/attack animations, too much of it seemed to be predictable, and there was little to catch my interest to continue playing past 30-40 hours. I finished FF3, but the last 10-15 hours were forced play, more to satisfy the completist in myself than anything else.

With Skies of Arcadia though, the game looked incredible with zero reliance on FMV or pre-rendered CGI. I would often start playing it at midnight, well aware that I had to be up at 7am, and at 3am I'd still be playing. And it was one of the few RPGs I've played through where I enjoyed the game in its last few hours as much as I had during the rest of the game.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

... I haven't actually tried DreamInducer, but SmashDC is best!...
These are some solid arguements, aren't they?
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Well, this has been fun, hasn't it? :roll:

Big thanks to the five finalists (yes, there were actually five) for their great entries & I'd also like to give a big thank you to DirtySanchez for generously donating the prize for this contest.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

i dont know if its me, but it seems smash dc is nothing more than a smashtv hack. nothing against mr. siggler, he did a good job. dream inducer is something created from nothing. ill probably catch a lot of heat from this post, oh well. anyways, good job to all the contestants.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

Ok, I've had it. I should have known that this could not have been done in an intelligent adult matter.

I thank everyone who entered. I will announce a winner as planned.