how good is dcgenerator

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
zamac_man
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

how good is dcgenerator

Post by zamac_man »

I was just wondering for the people who have the dc generator if they like it. What kinda of problems have you had? I am thinking of getting it. How hard is it to burn? I didnt see any turtorial help.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

The only game I want to play doesn't work :( I'd wait for more releases
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

not that good. There is no sound, and it is slow on full frameskip. The auto-frameskip is no good. Look out for crtO's Genesis emulator when that comes out.
erise
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by erise »

It is pretty good for being such an early stage. The graphics are nice and full speed and Sonic 1 (an awesome game) plays alright.
shawn27199
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

hmmmmm

Post by shawn27199 »

the genesis emu i like cant be named. but it cant play haunting. and thats the only game worth playing in my eyes lol.. but i hope someone makes an emu that will finaly play that game on the dc.... also sega cd would be a god send..
This sig's Liberachi G.a.y
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

*wispers sega *** is the best as of right now.
ColGraff
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Speaking purely hypothetically

Post by ColGraff »

Let us say - strictly for the sake of argument - that there were a Genesis emulator of questionable legality. Let's further suppose that, if such an emulator existed, it would be mentioned in the rules for this forum - by name - as an emulator that is not to be discussed. If one were interested in obtaining such an emulator - and of course, the very idea is laughably absurd - then a google search might, concievably, find a copy. And if one were to find the imaginary emulator, one might discover it plays the vast majority of genesis games at full speed, and is far superiour to dcgen.

And I must apologize - it is not my habit to waste the time of my fellow dcemulation forum visitors with theoretical ramblings.
Marijuana is a gateway drug to more destructive vices, like dreamcast :-)
theultimatechuff
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: Speaking purely hypothetically

Post by theultimatechuff »

ColGraff wrote:Let us say - strictly for the sake of argument - that there were a Genesis emulator of questionable legality. Let's further suppose that, if such an emulator existed, it would be mentioned in the rules for this forum - by name - as an emulator that is not to be discussed. If one were interested in obtaining such an emulator - and of course, the very idea is laughably absurd - then a google search might, concievably, find a copy. And if one were to find the imaginary emulator, one might discover it plays the vast majority of genesis games at full speed, and is far superiour to dcgen.

And I must apologize - it is not my habit to waste the time of my fellow dcemulation forum visitors with theoretical ramblings.
Why break the law. DCGen's looking cool and will 0wn j00. I see ATani is browsing, would you be so kind as to let us know how its going?
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

I'm waiting for crt0's one. Thats gonna kickass.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

yes, crt0 is great, but DCGen will probably move along a lot faster. Many games are playable (I believe) right now. Either 1) support DCGen, and hope more thing progress, or 2) Expect crt0 to release a genesis emu FROM SCRATCH before dcgen can run most games.

Not doubting ya crt0, just saying it might take a lot longer then people expect.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Richter_Belmont
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

hum...

Post by Richter_Belmont »

erise wrote:It is pretty good for being such an early stage. The graphics are nice and full speed and Sonic 1 (an awesome game) plays alright.
hum... full speed??
i think that i ?ve done something wrong when burning my cd... :(
"Die monster, you
don?t belong in this world"

--Richter Belmont--