TMNT MAME Emu for DC - beta 0.2 download !!!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TMNT MAME Emu for DC - beta 0.2 download !!!

Post by HyperG »

Alright, we're not the ones who coded unofficial MAME, Sisei hacked together a nice working unofficial MAME. Thanks to him for that!

However, not everything works, so more things needed changing within the driver/tmnt.c file . Delt with video of course.

This release fixes where the screen is, however we're still not done with it as we're not completely happy how it looks. Hopefully tomorow the final one will be done with, so you could play TMNT on your sega dreamcast happily.

New release available, check topic pagehere
Last edited by HyperG on Thu May 16, 2002 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

Source Code beta 0.2
http://dev.dcemulation.org/files/dcsoft ... source.zip

Released upon request of ATani. So I put it up quick before I get yelled at, not like it won't get released tomorow :-p with improved screen.

- tmnt.mak goes in /src/ folder
- add tmnt as a target in makefile
- tmnt.c file goes in /src/drivers

Just a pure fix with video being drawn on screen, lets just put it that way.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
joe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by joe »

if u can get TMNT to run, might it be possible to get the simpsons to. since the two are similar games and all.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

TMNT is running..that's what this topic is all about..expect in an hour or so a decent cover..then later, a back..
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

thanks for the pics it looks great
|PiccOlo|
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by |PiccOlo| »

yes, sweeeet. i can't wait for the final version to come out, i'm gunna burn the beta later when i get home from work.

Thanks again for working on TMNT.. w00t!
complex720
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

getting started?

Post by complex720 »

Y'know the screen where it says "type ok" right? Is there anyway to get this program started if you dont have a DC keyboard?
Web: http://www.precisehero.com
order my album: http://www.sonofsoulmusic.com
Currently Playing: mostly Sega Saturn stuff
Favorite Systems: NES, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast, GBA
hisashi joe
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by hisashi joe »

same as the pc version.
Use the L&R ON THE CONTROL PAD (not shoulder buttons...)
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

Oops yeah forgot to mention basic controls. You can use keyboard also but I don't know all the controls to that (I assume it is like the PC version).

During gameplay

START+A+B+X+Y ( i think ) - return to game menu (not needed really!)
L Trigger - Brings up a little configuration menu, nothing too fancy really. I think info basically.
R Trigger - Insert Coin
A, B, X, Y - I think all of them work for the arcade games, not sure as I have tried only TMNT of course, and I have used A and X during game play ( X jumps, A punches ).
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

Anyways , heres whats expected with todays release that will come out sometime later today :-p .

- Frameskip option.
- Full screen, looks normal now, problem wasn't in the driver/tmnt.c file however, it was actually just the ported code osdepend.c in dreamcast folder.
- Full 4 player support (MrSiggler is working on this at the moment) with controller.

However, once this release comes out, that'll be the end for our releases of the TMNT mame emu. We'll release the modified source, which is just a patch file actually now :-p . I just call it this due to the fact it plays TMNT , which MAMED never did :( , and I couldn't wait for anybody else to do this :-p . Actually next game I'll probably try getting to run is Simpsons. If then so, I'll try other games as well with the Konami hardware, and see if I can put together a pack with DreamInducer afterwards.
skabio
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by skabio »

Is there any plan on doing other arcade games for MAME? Is it even posible to use it for CP-1 or CP-2 because I noticed the site with the script had screen shots from cp-1 using dcmame I assume but couldn't read it as I don't know chinese?
"I moed the carpet I drank the shampoo I smoked all the wallpaper sniffed all the glue" - Beck
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

If the games are big enough, yes. You got to remember you can't simply use just about anything.

16 megs is all the DC has, and once the emulator is loaded up, its taking some memory up already. I don't know the exact amount, but the binary file is like 1.70 megs ( now 1.69 megs, dunno why :-p, and this is for only TMNT by the way).
Krooner
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Krooner »

Hey all,

I'm new (2 days a DC owner) so please don't flame me up! All this stuff about Teenage Turtles, is this thinag a disc I can download that's gonna let me play that arcade game on my DC? with for players and everything?!?!

Thanks
Krooner
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

As of right now 4 players is being worked on. Right now at this very moment, we can't get passed the legal screen asking if you really own the rom ( ohh of course i do, :-p ). It won't let you get passed it. We're trying to fix that quick so I can test out the 4th player. Players 1 through 3 were working.

Oh ya your going to have to find the MAME beta 16 rom yourself ( whatever the latest version rom is I mean), we do not provide that.

Also once this release gets put out, we'll have it ready for either scrambled and/or unscrambled files, no selfbooting images.
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

A new release will make it tomorow. MrSiggler needs a nap :-p . Controller code got busted at the end, so MrSiggler is going to work with some old code again tomorow ( and man 3 players was working too >_< until it got screwed heh ).

Would put this build I got out, but only the 2nd player works. Player 1 is screwed .
Cutman
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Cutman »

Wow, this is great so far. Can't wait till the next release.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

HyperG wrote:A new release will make it tomorow. MrSiggler needs a nap :-p . Controller code got busted at the end, so MrSiggler is going to work with some old code again tomorow ( and man 3 players was working too >_< until it got screwed heh ).

Would put this build I got out, but only the 2nd player works. Player 1 is screwed .
The build i have works with controllers 2+3.
Sound also works in this build, i played through act 1 with sound on and it didn't crash.
The sound really slows down the emulation :( maybe a lower sampling rate or mono sound would help.
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Which version of the source?

Post by Warmtoe »

I am trying to get my build environment working and can compile Sisei's
m37b15sdc.tar.gz source level with KOS 1.1.7 - haven't actually tried using this yet but I have an elf (and I know how to use it!)

I then tried extracting tmnt.c and tmnt.mak and using a tmnt target - no dice... problems with the includes I think...

What levels are you guys using - Mame / KOS / GCC?

BTW - Thanks for releasing the source Sisei, it was me that mentioned the possibility on JWSurine's message board and it looks like it might have got some heavyweight development.

Open source rules!

Warmto
neal73
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by neal73 »

a nero/dj image would be mighty nice!

And if people are concentrating on one arcade game, may I suggest Atari's 1980 Star Wars arcade game?
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

neal73 wrote:a nero/dj image would be mighty nice!

And if people are concentrating on one arcade game, may I suggest Atari's 1980 Star Wars arcade game?
There won't be any images of this because you have to supply the tmnt.zip rom yourself.