What Emulator would you most like to see?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
jerrysheller
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jerrysheller »

TG-16 emu.
SMEG w/vmu support.
Humbug
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Humbug »

C64 and Amiga. Wow, that would be great. There is so much good software for that computers. And (I heard) with frodo/vice and uae are good emus available, that would be good to code...for someone who knows about such things...

Humbug
IceAge
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

What???

Post by IceAge »

Okay, what's the deal with the "PSX emulator would hardly be possible or would run soooo slow" stuff. Has no one played a Bleemcast game? It's awesome, and I'm pretty sure that's a PSX emulator. :o I myself would LOVE a Turbo Grafx emulator. Magic Engine will most likely never get ported since it is not open source but Hugo IS open source. There have been many people start and announce TG16 emu's only to quit for mysterious reasons. If not a TG16 emu, then I'd like to see a full quality SNES emu. Don't get me wrong, DreamSNES is an incredible feat but I would like to be able to play Super Castlevania IV without digging out my SNES or fireing up SNES9x on my PC. These are just my opinions now, mind you. So don't no body get their panties in a bunch...
Tool123
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Tool123 »

An atari jaguar emu would be nice
jcabrer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Next new emulator for DC?

Post by jcabrer »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Vectrex is the ideal candidate for DC emulation. Dreamcast graphics capabilities would more than do justice to this compact vector-based gaming console, not to mention the fact that the commercial games are released to the public by the license holder.

But why stop there? M.E.S.S. supports the vectrex console, as well as a few other machines that are currently not emulated on DC. Could it be much difrent from the M.A.M.E. port?

There is almost working M.E.S.S. code included in the M.A.M.E. source at the MAMED site!

http://digita.mame.net/mamed37b15sdc.zip
Assume Nothing. Question Everything.
This is the path to true enlightenment,
but don't take my word for it.
Dejavue
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Dejavue »

I'd like to see a better cd player out, the one that sega made was cheaply designed and i'm having trouble making one of my own (no time and not enough experience to make it.)
Lyris
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by Lyris »

I'd love to see a Saturn emulator, but more realistically, one for the Mega CD.
by Cygnus:

A Saturn Emu on the DC is *very* much easier than on the PC with its x86 proc
Wow, makes sense to me - thanks for giving me some new hope :D
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Amiga or Atari ST if possible would be great
DreamSnes 1.0

Any new emulator for any system would be a great addition though. My thirst for burning has yet to be quenched :twisted:
Hawke
Wastelander

New Emu

Post by Hawke »

The SNES at full speed would kick some serious @$$, but would it be possible to make a CALLUS port on the DC? It would be awesome to play Megaman : Power Battles on the DC.
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Diafthora »

I don't know how many people here play DDR, but there's a GREAT DDR sim called DWI that I think would be awesome if it were to be emulated to the Dreamcast. http://ddrpccentral.teamgwailo.com/DWI/ is the site for anyone wanting more information on the simulator game. I would love to see this game ported over to the Dreamcast!
Shoigres
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Shoigres »

A Capcom CPS 1 emulator ( Final Fight , SF2 , etc )

And a Sega System 16 emulator ( Moonwalker , Altered Beast , Golden Axe , etc )

And finally , some arcade games I wold like to see emulated :

Mortal Kombat 1
TMNT
Some old NEO GEO games like World Heroes 2 .
Miles McCloud
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Miles McCloud »

I would like to see a Saturn emulator more then anything, even more so then a PSX emulator. I have about a dozen Saturn games, but my Saturn broke about two years ago. And I don't want to pay 40+ dollers on eBay just to get another one. A Sega/Mega CD emulator would be great, but first a fullspeed Homebrew emulator would have to be made.

I'd also like to see SMEG with saving support.
Toranxsu-Ohki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Toranxsu-Ohki »

[quote="Diafthora"]I don't know how many people here play DDR, but there's a GREAT DDR sim called DWI that I think would be awesome if it were to be emulated to the Dreamcast. http://ddrpccentral.teamgwailo.com/DWI/ is the site for anyone wanting more information on the simulator game. I would love to see this game ported over to the Dreamcast![/quote]

that would kick ass!!!! then i would hafta find a psx to dc plug, cuz i have a psx dance pad and a psx to pc plug ^^ and ddr rules!!! i would like to see em port either DWI or Stepmania, but i recently descovered that stepmania is way better than dwi, but i still use both ^^ but if they did port it how would they use the dwi files and mp3s? would they make a package w/ like every song or would they make it swappable as to where u have to put the mp3's and dwi's in a folder like stepmania\songs\ or dwi\songs\ and dwi\music\ ? ^^ but that would be awesome to do that, cuz i think that one ddr game for dc came out in japan, the Club Mix, i tryed to get it but burned it bad and accidently deleted the files ^^; But i have been playin ddr at home and arcade a bunch and i think it'd be great to port this!

also i would like to see a sega saturn emu cuz i have a tenchi puzzle game that i havnt gotten to even play yet... ^^ and a dbz saturn game.

and even though wut ppl say isnt goin to happen i would really like to have a psx emu for dc. and the zelda games for n64 ruled, not to mention 007 and mario ^^

ooo.. and a pc-engine/tg-16 ^^
a wise man once said "never play leap-frog with a unicorn"
mrozone
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mrozone »

A BBC B-Model emulator would be cool.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

TheDigster wrote: A question, Is it in theorie possible to get the commercial devkit in circulation??
From what I've read there has been for a while ...
http://www.boob.co.uk/docs/hex.htm wrote:7/24/00

After three people proved to me that the Sega Katana Dev kit + libraries have been leaked for a long time......
Last edited by ZacMc on Mon May 13, 2002 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tetsuo_shima
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Hm, why does PSX not work ???

Post by tetsuo_shima »

So many people say, that it's not possible to emulate the PSX on the Dreamcast, but the truth is that it works, Bleem! works fine doesn't it ???
In fact, there's just no homebrew PSXEmu for DC, til now, maybe one day...

Well I would like an PSXEmu, but I think most poeple gave up to make a homebrw version...

A Sega-Saturn-Emu would be great, cause I have a lot of Saturngames, and don't play them anymore, beacuse my Saturn is not connected to the TV...
In fact, I don't believe it is possible to emulate a SAturn on the Dreamcast, because the Saturn is more powerful than the PSX...

A Sega CD Emu for real SegaCD games would be great !!! ...ans possible wouldn't it ???

But the one Emulator I REALLY want is Bleem! for Final Fantasy 7 & 9...
...it will never exist right ?
Wouldn't it be possible to make an PSX Emulator like Bleem!, for specific games ???
simonko
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by simonko »

I was thinking how about a MegaDrive and PC Engine emu 100%

How you ask? by using the newest Dream Passport which included "DreamLibrary" emu software.

Someone could write an add-on app. that would utilize the buit in emu in the Dream Passport Browser (DreamLibrary EMU).

This is not warez, you are not altering their software in any way, but making an add on app or prog that uses the perfect emu that already exsist.

"DreamLibrary allowed people in japan to d/l megadrive and pc-engine games off SegaNet and play them on their dreamcast."
M6A4TS
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

The Simpsons Arcade

Post by M6A4TS »

I'd like to see a full speed stand-alone The Simpsons arcade game. The one at the local pizza place was taken out and i now have no way to play it. Otherwise I'd like to see MAMED move along a little faster.
trub
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

x86 / 8086 --> Commander Keen!

Post by trub »

I saw this mentioned a while back, but haven't heard anything for a bit now:
A x86 emulator would be really cool, even if it was equiv. to an old 20 mhz computer or something, we could still play Commander Keen - one of the greatest games ever. I know of one open-source x86 emulator, Bochs: http://bochs.sourceforge.net/
that actually works pretty well on my computer, but i imagine it would be some work to port it to dreamcast. but just imagine the vast amount of old pc games that we could play, even if all that was emulated was an old cga screen.

Also, i used to have a TG16 (pc engine in europe i guess), and it had a couple cool games that i wouldn't mind playing again.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

The only ones I really care about is a SNES and Genesis. We already have a very good SNES emulator, and a Genesis that can play the roms but not very well, YET. But I really want a good Genesis Emu. I just really want to play the games I own, but I hate pulling out the old sega and hooking it up and messin with the screwed up controlers and hook ups. If we can just get a lot of people working ona Genesis one. Didnt Antani release the source code? I am a bit behind on the news for that, I havent tried the new Version of DreamGEN. Is it any good? I dont really care if it cant play the roms at good speed, I just want to see what they have accomplished. Is there sound yet, and did they get rid of that annoying flash thing. and is the menu still buggy. Can someone give me the info on this emu?