Shoutcast on Dc?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
madcow3001
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shoutcast on Dc?

Post by madcow3001 »

Is it possible for somebody to make a program for dc that will let you get online and listen to streaming radio from shoutcast? :?: :)
Madcow3001
T-MONEY
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by T-MONEY »

The closest you'll get (At the moment anyways) is JamP3... it lets you stream MP3s over to your Dreamcast from your PC, through the BBA (Broadband Adapter). And don't ask about having someone porting winamp to the DC.... Winamp is written in assembly meaning that its next to impossible to port over.

Cheers,
-T
http://covers.boob.co.uk - Gotta Love Them Covers Baby!
http://www.tmoneygfx.cjb.net - For All Your Website, GFX, And GUI Needs!
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Should be in development ideas forum.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

WinAMP is ASM? Funny, I thought it was C++.. (at least it was when I was beta testing it many moons ago ;) )
T-MONEY wrote:The closest you'll get (At the moment anyways) is JamP3... it lets you stream MP3s over to your Dreamcast from your PC, through the BBA (Broadband Adapter). And don't ask about having someone porting winamp to the DC.... Winamp is written in assembly meaning that its next to impossible to port over.

Cheers,
-T
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

Winamp is C++ trust me, ive coded plugins for it, I have been talking to the developers about it and they said they might be willing to port 3.0 to dc, but they said they are not sure what kind of user base is availible at the moment. However they have made a linux port and linux works on the dc.
WeAreVigilant
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by WeAreVigilant »

winamp is c but the mp3 decoder is assembly
and jpamp3 is illegal
and 007 you can make winamp plugins in visualbasic
does that mean winamp is in vb?
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

You can't make winamp plugins with VB using for winamp 3.0, but you can however make it for 2.0 using additional tools made by another group. But that is not hard coding it. To be specific MS Visual C++ 6.0 is used, read the whats new file, it says converted code to C++ 6.0.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

The reason dreamamp is illegal is because the source was not released..(I'm sure it was, though..) it may have been available upon request, but lienus released the code for DreamAMP...
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

Thats not the reason, its technically not illegal, lienus just doesn't want people having it anymore. Source was included.
WeAreVigilant
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by WeAreVigilant »

What is wasabi?
Wasabi is a completely configurable system for building skinnable applications, quickly and easily. It is written in C++ with some assembly code for optimizations.
proof right there that even the interface isnt pure c++.
xjasonx
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

jamp3?

Post by xjasonx »

hmm how can weget the prog to play mp3s over the network??? that would help me out a ton! if its illegal, if anyone has it pm me or somethign:)