Where is DCemu not up to date

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where is DCemu not up to date

Post by WRAGGSTER »

To ensure that DCEmulation is the most up to date site, can those who visit the site and know the scene well , tell us if we are missing any DC emus or games , apps etc and if anything doesnt work so that the admins etc can get this site up to date.

IF you can help us that would be great.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Wraggy no take admin position back ?

We are mising NesterDC 6.0 plain files..and I think DreamSNES plain files, too.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

All of the burning tutorials are out of date and need to be updated with DSSBS, SelfBoot or DCfactory guides, like the ones in our FAQ forum.

The new tool, Selfboot, by burnerO should be in theneeded toolssection.

DCemu needs a page for Homebrew games (SmashDC, TicTacToe, Rocket Racer, 3d invaders, titres, clontris, high cube, snake 3d, 3d asteriods...etc)

There are so many emulators now that they all can't fit on the front page. We should rank each emulator from 1-5 stars and put the highest ranked ones on the front page and the rest could go in the more emus section. Right now boob!Boy is on the front page and GnuBoy isn't :?

The DreamSNESpage needs some pictures on it.

The Dc-DivX pagehas a link to DivX4.12, DivX 5.01 is the newest DivX codec. There should just be a link to divx.com/download. I think the vddivxdc.vcf file should be taken down because it can't have the correct settings for all videos.
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ZacMc wrote:The new tool, Selfboot, by burnerO should be in theneeded toolssection.
It's already up, I did it earlier, I just haven't updated the Needed Tools page yet.
ZacMc wrote:There are so many emulators now that they all can't fit on the front page. We should rank each emulator from 1-5 stars and put the highest ranked ones on the front page and the rest could go in the more emus section. Right now boob!Boy is on the front page and GnuBoy isn't :?
I think only 007 can do that.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

actually changes can be made to the layout of the front page because it uses ssi unless im mistaken but 007 needs to agree obviously :)
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

My new self-boot tutorial should be in the DreamSNES page.
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

WRAGGSTER wrote:actually changes can be made to the layout of the front page because it uses ssi unless im mistaken but 007 needs to agree obviously :)
Well 007 or Cyrus will need to do it because I'd probably screw it up. Or perhaps the better option would be for 007 to give you FTP access.
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

exaclty , you guys , have NO HOMEBREW GAMES
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
Hawke
Wastelander

Changes

Post by Hawke »

What's the deal with the poll?? what deos it mean? "Did you miss me?"

Also, would it be possoible to update the DreamSNES page, thoes pics for the menu are different.. I've never seen thoes ones, and i have the newest version on dream snes :D
LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt

Post by LyonHrt »

dcemuler wrote:exaclty , you guys , have NO HOMEBREW GAMES
Well it is an emu site :)
Just call me princess :)
Hawke
Wastelander

Changes

Post by Hawke »

Exactally! If it was a homebrew site, it should be called "DCHomebrew" But its not IS IT!? 8)
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy

Post by Pinoy2201 »

well im sorry if this is a dumb idea but i thing every secton of the site should be run by one person so there will be no confusion and it will be up- to -date...like if some one can run the soon to be made Homebrew section or the Needed Tools Section....nut for emus 3 or more people should run it for more ease and up to date...that all my ideas rite now..if i have more ill post it up
Hawke
Wastelander

hmm...

Post by Hawke »

Thad prolyl work, but does DCEmulation have enough webmasters to do it? They're doing a kick ass job as it is :D
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy

Post by Pinoy2201 »

well they can get people that they really trust and kno they will do it right and i think we need more News Posters.... ill gladly be one :)
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

http://www.divx.com/divx/ wrote:Linking to DivX? software your site

A lot of people write us and ask about putting DivX software on their web sites. If you would like to do this, you should include the Download DivX web badge (shown below) on your site and link it to this page. (This is the first official web badge. We'll roll out more in the future.)

(Link to http://www.divx.com/divx/)

Please do not mirror the software on your web site. We pay a lot of money for fast servers and bandwidth, so save yourself the trouble and the cash and just link to us. And when you do link, please do not link directly to the executables, because we may change their names in future versions, and your old links will break. Other than that, link away!
I guess the divx 4.12 link should go..

It would be cool if we could have a poll/comments for each emulator/app. This would help newbs get a general idea of the Emulator or app can do. Only respected people, admins, mods would be able to post there because lamers would abuse it.
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

VampireHawke wrote:What's the deal with the poll?? what deos it mean? "Did you miss me?"
The poll went missing for a couple of weeks. 007 does all the polls BTW, that's an area I know I don't have access too. This is the poll I'd like to have:

Do you like man-boobies?

YES
NO
MAYBE
VampireHawke wrote:Also, would it be possoible to update the DreamSNES page, thoes pics for the menu are different.. I've never seen thoes ones, and i have the newest version on dream snes :D
What pictures? :P
LyonHrt wrote:
dcemuler wrote:exaclty , you guys , have NO HOMEBREW GAMES
Well it is an emu site :)
I LOVE YOU! (in a non-sexual way of course)
otaku84
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by otaku84 »

you could at the VERY least , at least allow the discussion of hacked emu's.
Tpoics wanting to be closed because of discussing hacked smash packs or hacked Bleems.
I still dont understand why people get such MAJOR buttock cramps :o at the mere idea of hacking an emu.
Yet are so fine about using boot discs, whose main purpose is the running of hacked software.
I dont mean pirate games, just things like segagen, hacked bleem to run PSX games, stuff like that!
I am not an idiot, they just keep changing my posts!
Hawke
Wastelander

I guess...

Post by Hawke »

Well, the pic there is some glowing girl with a black background. From what i can tell, the new one is a broken DC (damn the person who drew that one) with the Evoloution guy (Mag) and some girl
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dpmanx1 »

dcemulation should have rankings like ZacMc said and there should be more good polls...the site is already great though...
Hawke
Wastelander

Polls

Post by Hawke »

Could there be a Forum topic where we can put our info in for new polls?

I would recommend something allong the lines of "Which would you like to see updated most?"

(Btw, a little of topic, but that guy who made NesterDC Is a frikkin god to me. He spent so much time and effort to make the best emu out there!)