Wanted: Developers - Ghost Cores

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
SONICR
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Wanted: Developers - Ghost Cores

Post by SONICR »

G'day fellow Dreamcast Cores. I am on a Ghost Adventure to make a series of independent paranormal products and video games series. I am the owner of the brand "The Real Ghost Corps". I have been trying to find individuals interested in joining this master quest, especially to make a homebrew game series for various platforms. I'm not too skilled in such a quest, with my main skills being in directing, concepts, marketing, and quality control. I originally started this quest in honor of my friends, such as Ken Soohoo, of the days of Planetweb Inc. and Digital Pictures.

If anyone with interest and skills here in the Dreamcast community would like to join on this adventure, come on! Any questions, feel free to ask.

"We Believe In You!"

Http://ECTO7.COM/

https://m.facebook.com/TheRealGhostCorps/

https://uspto.report/TM/88550698/FTK20190802172638/

https://tmdb.eu/trademark/US-88550698-t ... corps.html
Attachments
rgc_06_4.5k.png
These users thanked the author SONICR for the post:
|darc|
SEGA!!! WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wanted: Developers - Ghost Cores

Post by RyoDC »

What do you have in mind?
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
SONICR
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by SONICR »

For a DC project, it would be a HD basis for a scaled down Genesis/MegaDrive/32X/CD series, and/or future HD console releases.

This would be a prototype alpha stage for public interest. If the prototype is successful, it would lead to trying a fundraiser for the finished game project, manufacturing of the game, and earned development costs for everyone's time in the project. My friends at Watermelon Games said it's best to not do a project under $100k. So I'm looking at a estimated $100-200k to successfully do this project, if anyone here has previous experience please do join. Last thing I want is taxes not being paid and development teams not being compensated in the long run, Watermelon fell victim to such once PayPal stole fundings for project Paprium. I estimate this would be up to a 24month project, but I'm no developer, just a artist and director trying my best realistically to achieve my goals for this brand. I was a beta tester and investor for Pier Solar Genesis, and investor for Pier Solar HD & Paprium. I also invested in Arcade Racing Legends, for the ECTO-777 vehicle.

The finished game would be;

7 main world levels, 2 acts each typically, and the finale. Game play is based on the original 1990 Ghostbusters:Genesis, Contra:Hard Corps and some other ideas.
7 Special Stages, based off classic Sega Arcade style games. Like Outrun and Space Harrier.
Possibly Bonus Stages.
Menu world.
1-2 player Story mode.
1-4 player Arcade mode.
Possible BBA mode for the multiplayer.

Main plot of the story is about Dr. D., The Phantasm Jewels and a time arc. Yes, I'm a Sonic fan. The story will resemble Sonic 3K, Sonic CD and MegaMan 4 kinda.
SONICR
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by SONICR »

https://www.facebook.com/11179426448521 ... 815481889/

Concept I did using Contra:HC footage.

https://www.facebook.com/11179426448521 ... 745483796/

Another idea, from JP:Rampage I'd like to do in a level.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I remember contacting Ken Soohoo when Dreamcast.planetweb.com went offline and he quickly brought the website back.
SONICR
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by SONICR »

Yeah, they had a server crash and wasn't planning to bring it back. But I showed Ken that there was still interest on forums for the site, and that I still used the tools on my angelfire website. During those days he mentioned he had a few boxes of 900 PW 3.0 Browsers left. So he restored the site with a backup disc and started selling off those last Browsers on eBay. PW 3.0 costed over $500K in development, mostly out of his company pocket after SOJ dropped it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210910-222225.png
SONICR
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by SONICR »

Midboss Concept - Act 1 - Downtown Heist
Attachments
IMG_20210929_030936625~2.jpg
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

SONICR wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:27 pm Yeah, they had a server crash and wasn't planning to bring it back. But I showed Ken that there was still interest on forums for the site, and that I still used the tools on my angelfire website. During those days he mentioned he had a few boxes of 900 PW 3.0 Browsers left. So he restored the site with a backup disc and started selling off those last Browsers on eBay. PW 3.0 costed over $500K in development, mostly out of his company pocket after SOJ dropped it.
Wow :(

I would've helped spread the word back in 06 had I known any of that. I ran DCS and did a whole news post on it. We could have easily helped him move copies. Hell, Goat Store or RedSpotGames could've bought out his entire inventory.