Alternate Dreamcast backend for ScummVM

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
tsowell
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Alternate Dreamcast backend for ScummVM

Post by tsowell »

Hello,

I've been working on an alternate ScummVM backend for Dreamcast. Compared to the official backend, this one is designed to work more like a standard ScummVM backend, so you will find it familiar if you've used it on other platforms. It also supports SD cards, ATA drives, 32MB RAM, MIDI output, and weird VGA modes.

You can find the latest release here, and the README has instructions for burning a release onto a CD. ScummVM games have to be run from either the same CD or from an SD or ATA drive.

I'm still fixing bugs and adding features and would love to hear about what else is broken.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Alternate Dreamcast backend for ScummVM

Post by |darc| »

Thanks for posting. I've been wanting to give this a try on my 32MB Dreamcast, but I accidentally broke a pin off the BIOS due to the strain of a wire and have to replace it... :lol:
It's thinking...